cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

Watch History severely curtailed today

I see today on MY TV, Continue Watching it now shows just 7 progs, whereas before it was 90 odd.
Guess they're freeing up server space by cutting watch history back, unless it returns to normal?.

27 REPLIES 27
Geluk
Expert 2

Recently watched.

I don't bother to play right to end of the credits; life's too short 🙂

But unless you do I don't see Next Episode on bottom right of screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When watching a box set it was easy to look up last watched episode and see list to pick next one. Now selecting last watched just repeats it; instead have to search or track down from the many different and changing options. Please change back to useful and perfectly fit for purpose Recently Watched.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you watch an episode from a boxset in full (don't exit the split second the credits start) the Continue Watching will have the next episode sat waiting for you with just one click, that's a lot less than before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like others I much preferred the ability to click recently watched box set episodes shown in the list and have the ability to chose whether to watch that episode  or chose to re-watch the previous one or chose another altogether- It is a pain to have to find the boxset in another way and then chose the previous episode to the one shown in recently watched. Also you now have to rewind manually to the beginning of the epoisode you last watched if you need a reminder of what was going on, before we could chose to watch from the start or where we left off.

My entire recently watched list is also gone and now only shows the one episode I am watching- please put it back or add in the features lost

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hate this change also for all the same reasons. I used the watch history to track back on things which was handy when watching multiple things over time anf ahving mor ethan one person using the boxes.

Also it's buggy, i have things that sit on my continue watch list no matter what i do, i can go all the way to the end, let it finish and auto exit at the end and the programme (same episode) is there still but now right back at the start. Seems to happen a lot when its the last episode in a boxset or there is a gap between epsidoes (e.g. there a ep1&3 but not a 2).

The other problem is that when someone watches a programme on another device it effects them all. So for example im at ep5 in a series for a programme then somebody on anther device starts up ep2 of that same series the continue then resets back to 2 and not 5 where i was at. Certainly isnt multiple user friendly!

Also boxsets yoou have already watched and completed suddenly just appear back at season1 ep1. This seems to happen if a boxset was removed and then later re-added.

Im getting so annoyed with things poping in this list that should not be their (and not because someelse put it there either) and the only way to remove them is to play it in FF mode up to the credits and let it finish.. with boxsets i even have to dig into search to find the very last episode to FF through otherwise it will just keep popping up with the next episode and the next etc..

Then theres the senario where you watch something to see what it is like.. decide you didnt like and dont want to watch it.. now its stuck in your continue list with everything else.

I feel this was very poorly thought out and a yet another bad copy of what other providers are doing. Why not spend time in making something good and useful and unique to beat the competition rather than trying to copy them - badly!

and for gods sake if Now intends to keep this horrid feature, at leats fix it so it works right or an a 'delete' option for the continue page so we can easily remove things without Fast forwarding through eveything.

Well just my thoughts on the matter anyway 😛

Geluk
Expert 2

Spot on. Am sure many of agree.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I for one agree totally!  My problem is actually getting programmes into and actually REMAINING in the "Continue watching" area.  As an example I am currently watching the latest series of "Hawaii 5-0", which is classed as a boxset so I have played each episode until the very end rather than using the last "Fantastic new feature" of "Watch the next episode now".  OK, so I've learned to live with that, even though it has made a feature only brought in last month redundant.

The problem is that if I watch a "weekly episode" it sometimes goes into continue watching from the watchlist and sometimes does not.  Even more annoying is the habit of that weekly episode disappearing completely.  For example, I have "Chicago Fire" on my watchlist, last thursday it popped into continue watching, where it remained, as I hadn't watched the episode until yesterday, when it just disappeared.

I used to be able to scan down my watch history, click on the last episode of a series that I was watching, one more click to get to the latest episode and I was away.  Now it just doesn't work.

Up to this last "improvement", Now TV was simple to use and worked really well, now it is getting infuriating and can only get more so as new series are added.....You cannot keep track of what you are watching or where you are with any accuracy.  It is even more of a problem as I recommended Now TV to some friends a few months ago as a great,simple system and now they tell me that it is driving them bonkers!  As you do with friends, I feel slightly responsible!

This new set up just does not work.

Thanks for your time if you are still with me!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I notice NOW TV have now changed the behaviour of the Continue Watching section.

Clicking the latest episode listed in Continue Watching still starts playing straight away (there's also a play symbol appears in the middle of the selected episode window now) but if you back out of the episode it will return to the list of episodes so that you can select a different episode if required (a further click on back returns you to Continue Watching).

It will also default to this list if you let the episode run to the very end.

Hopefully this is a sign that NOW TV have listened to the feedback and tried to come up with a compromise!