cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality Streaming Entertainment Pack over 3G Internet

Hi, currently using a 3g/4g WiFi Router with the NowTV Black Box, I get on Average 4 to 5 Mbs Download speed, which is ample to stream a 720p HD Video, if i use iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Hub etc no issues what so ever, even get what looks like a 720p picture quality on most of the iPlayer content.

However as soon as I strream anything from the Sky Entertainment Pack, the picture quality is extremly poor, almost un watchable, Sound is good, starts striaght away, no buffering, just a rubbish picture which looks as though its been streamed through a low quality Bandwidth Speed. Very, wery ocasionally, say after about 15 mins the picture quality may improve, but nothing like what you would expect and then after a few mins returns back to very poor quality. 

Is there any adjustments I need to do, make, or try to the Box in order to resolve this.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing that you have tried rebooting your Router to see if there is any picture improvement.

Does your Router support Ethernet, if so is it practically possible to connect your black nowtv box over Ethernet rather than WiFi. ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps, thanks for reply,

Power re boot yes, no difference, cable to the router no, its purely a WiFi stand alone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still the same,...   anyone??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

However as soon as I strream anything from the Sky Entertainment Pack, the picture quality is extremly poor, almost un watchable, Sound is good, starts striaght away, no buffering, just a rubbish picture which looks as though its been streamed through a low quality Bandwidth Speed. Very, wery ocasionally, say after about 15 mins the picture quality may improve, but nothing like what you would expect and then after a few mins returns back to very poor quality. 

Is there any adjustments I need to do, make, or try to the Box in order to resolve this.

How far is the Now TV box from the router?  Is the router covered/hidden?  Is the Now Tv Box covered/hidden?  What does a broadband speed test at the location of the Now TV box show?   With an average 4 to 5 Mbs Download speed,  I suspect that the speed isn't good enough where the Now TV box is located.  May be worth moving it next to the router and see if it makes a difference.  At that sort of download speed, you can't afford much if any signal loss.