cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

Watch History severely curtailed today

I see today on MY TV, Continue Watching it now shows just 7 progs, whereas before it was 90 odd.
Guess they're freeing up server space by cutting watch history back, unless it returns to normal?.

27 REPLIES 27
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk

Have you watched more than these 7 programs in the last 30 days ?

I believe under My TV "Continue Watching" the event stays in this section for thirty days only or up to a maximum of 99 shows/ movies after this thirty day date limit when you last watched the program it is automatically removed from the NowTV servers.

Geluk
Expert 2

Probably not- thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Geluk is right.  There has been a change in the arrangement of this part of the menu.

Until today, this part of "My TV" was called "Recently watched".  Today, its name has been changed to "Continue watching" and I, too, have found that the number of programmes contained in it has been severely reduced (from about 25 to just half a dozen).  I have not been a Now TV subscriber for as long as 30 days, so that is not the explanation.

Wlat

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk

You are right @Anonymous User , well spotted just gone into the My TV section on my smart box and it has changed from "Recently Watched" to now saying "Continue Watching".

Also since the change to "Continue Watching" when you select the show or movie it will automatically play from where it was stopped previously (with no option given) which is logical.

Where when it was "Recently Watched" if you play a show it would take you to that show episode start menu but you also had quick access to navigate around other episodes / season of that program and with movies you was given the option to either continue watching from where it was left off or play from start again.

I don't know why NowTV have changed this to "Continue Watching" but me personally i preferred the older "Recently Watched" layout method.

Perhaps somebody from the NowTV Team can let everybody know the reason and thinking behind this change ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is one thing that i do like about the new "Continue Watching" layout is that there is an orange countdown reminder in days left or watch until date below the show episode that is leaving shortly from the NowTV service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continue watching shows the next episode which I haven't seen. This is better than before where I'd select the last watched episode and then move down one to get the next.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Continue watching shows the next episode which I haven't seen. This is better than before where I'd select the last watched episode and then move down one to get the next.

I assume that's what it's meant to do, but unfortunately it's not working for me that way for now, the episode I watched last night still stubbornly shows in Continue Watching and if I want the next episode I have to go via Watchlist instead. I tried playing the episode right to the very end to see if that triggered a change but it's still only showing the episode I watched.

Looks like it might be a work in progress.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

I assume that's what it's meant to do, but unfortunately it's not working for me that way for now, the episode I watched last night still stubbornly shows in Continue Watching and if I want the next episode I have to go via Watchlist instead. I tried playing the episode right to the very end to see if that triggered a change but it's still only showing the episode I watched.

Looks like it might be a work in progress.

Nope, I take that back, I'm a complete idiot and couldn't remember what episode I watched last night! Having now realised which episode I watched last night I can now confirm it is working exactly as it should, and is showing he next episode ready to watch, and therefore I love it! 

Movies es also drop off the list as long as you watch all the way to the end of the credits - be nice if they dropped off if you get within a few minutes of the end though to not clutter the list up.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah yes, I think I've worked out where my confusion was - it only seems to display the next episode if you watch right to the end of an episode (or at least the last few seconds where the next episode pop up appears, the pop up seems to have moved right to the end now as you only get a second or two of it). If like me you tend to exit an episode as soon as the credits appear then the current episode stays listed.

Fair enough I suppose.