cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting NOW TV Box to Macbook Pro

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy the NOW TV Box to get subscription to SKY Sports. As I am a student, I do not have space for a TV in my accommodation and I was thinking of connecting the TV Box to my Macbook Pro. Will this work? Has anyone tried it before? I will have Wifi connection and my macbook has a HDMI Port to connect the box to.

I will mainly be using it for live Premier League matches and I understand that I could just purchase the SkySports Pass to watch it on my laptop but as I am fussy about lags (Goals going in before I see it), will the TV Box help to elimanate that lag compared to merely watching it over the Skysports Pass? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User no it won't work. You need both an out port and an in port. You would be connecting two out ports.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User no it won't work. You need both an out port and an in port. You would be connecting two out ports.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you are referring to the delay of a minute or so compared to satellite feeds or radio commentary then that's normal for the NOW TV service due to Internet streaming and the NOW TV box is affected just the same as your MacBook. If however you are getting audio out of sync with video then that shouldn't be happening.