cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuck on lets get started

The box keeps flashing white and not repairing to the 2 remotes I have. I cant use my phone as it's not connected to the internet. I've tried holding rest on the box and remote still nothing. Any tips please 

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Quick question.

Which version of the NowTV box do you have ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-box 

Also what version are the two NowTV remotes are they the infra red version or the newer smart voice search version or you have both ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Erm...

It's the old square box, model 4200sk

The remote is smart mic, came with the stick, broke one so got two remote but it's not the new new smart mic

@schnapps 

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The smart voice remote controller will not work when setting up the older style black nowtv box.

So you need the older style infra red remote controller when setting up the black box.

You can check if the older style infra red remote controller is sending out an IR signal by following these instructions below.

Help tip If you've got a smartphone with a camera, you may be able to use it to see whether the remote is sending an IR signal or not. Smartphone cameras can 'see' a wider range of light wavelengths than the human eye, including infra-red light. This will generally only work on smartphones with a front-facing camera:

1. Put your smartphone in camera mode as if you were taking a self-portrait (you should see yourself in the camera).
  2. Hold the remote control in front of the camera and press buttons on the remote.
  3. If you can't see the IR signal flashing as you press buttons, then try replacing the batteries in the remote.

If the second remote is the infra red type remote controller and is sending out an infra red signal by following the instructions above, then make sure you point the controller close to the right hand front corner of the box where the infra red receiver is located.

I haven't setup a box in a long time and once on the Lets Get Started Message, either try pressing the right hand directional button on the remote controller or the OK middle button.

If that doesn't work and another factory reset by holding in a small pin in the reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 seconds and trying the above process again, then i am out of ideas.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If nothing helps in my post, then maybe in the search box on the top of the Community Forum page type in "Lets Get Started" message to see if you get any hit results where somebody has resolved it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much @schnapps 

Doesn't look like I'll be able to resolve this as I've only got 2 smart voice remote, I did try the reflection of the remotes on smartphone both working fine. It's just annoying as it worked fine before I factory rest the box. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless you got either an old white or black NowTV infra red remote controller or know somebody who owns one to initially setup your older black box, then i don't know another way around it (apart from buying the correct remote).

Unless somebody on the Forum knows of another way ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Okay so I've read through the links, I did try the repairing of the remote with the box even kept it close together 

The box kept flashing white, all was fine before I factory rest it and now it won't move from 'Let's get started'