cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandie
Advocate

Stick not responding to remote

This evening my Nowtv stick as suddenly stopped responding to the remote.  I've tried everything from changing the batteries, to resetting the router and resetting the stick. But now I've reset the stick the remote still cant get a response.  I'm not stuck on the let's get started part of the set up again but I cant do anything.  Has anyone got any advice please? 

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Sandie try downloading and using the Roku Remote app on your mobile.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sandie 

Just to follow up from @Saint1976 

When you say resetting the stick. Is this a full blown factory reset? So you’re having to set up from scratch again.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Sandie 

If you are seeing the "Let's get Started" screen and either get stuck at this stage or the next screen page then it looks like you have done a full factory reset on the NOW Stick.

If the NOW voice Smart remote has developed a fault and can't be fixed then the Roku remote App for mobile won't be of any use (you need a physical NOW smart voice remote to setup the Stick again from factory reset before you can use the Roku Remote App on your mobile).

Only other things you could try is a different wifi channel and wifi band on your Router (use the lower wifi channels) and after inserting fresh batteries try the NOW remote close to the Stick at the back of the TV, you could also try a second TV in the home if you have one with the Stick.

My NOW smart voice remote controller gave up the ghost a few months back and everything I tried didn't work for me (though I am lucky where I have plenty of other NOW devices such has Roku's or an Amazon Fire Stick to fall back on).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Sandie 

I am also assuming you tried the re-pairing remote instructions on this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting