cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since new update

Why since the last update..the light on my box does not go off now! I have reset and everything else but no luck. This is ever since last update....any help would be much appreciated 

SG

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like some idiot programmer has taken a shortcut and the new frontend is not handling system settings correctly (I use 24h time, but the frontend is showing AM/PM). The solution seems to be to either put the unit in the system settings menu, or to enter another app, such as YouTube, and then it obeys the system settings, goes to sleep and then enters low power mode.

This really is a moronic newbie programmer's mistake, so how something so basic escaped QA testing is beyond me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, after a very, very, VERY long hour (and far too many live chat disconnects) it appears that the only solution at the moment to this problem is a rollback to the previous version of the firmware using the secret screen "Update Software" option.

How to get into the secret screen is detailed here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Secret-screens/td-p/415253

You need the first button list. And remember - this is on your own head if you try it and it doesn't work.