cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control unpair

Hi, how do I remove the remote control from controlling my tv? 

I don’t want the now tv remote to control the volume or the on/off button. 

How do I remote it?

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Go into the NowTV stick or NowTV 4K smart box menu settings under Remotes, then select Remote then select Set up remote for TV control, then when music starts playing select yes, then when the music stops playing instead of Yes (code 1) press No and then go through the code numbers individually one by one by pressing Yes when prompted and trying both buttons on the remote until a code number doesn't operate both buttons on the remote.

Unfortunately it's a bit time consuming & tedious doing it by this method.

I can't remember where it has been a long time to be honest if you can factory reset the box or stick and setup the device again from scratch where you are offered the option during the device setup to opt out of the TV control setup for these two buttons.

Any reason why you want to disable these two buttons, where personally i find them useful without grabbing my main TV remote controller when watching NowTV.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any reason you can’t just not press them?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.