cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Box, Linking Message

Hi guys,

Just bought a new 3 Entertainment pass box from Curry's and plugged it in. Created an account, connected to WiFi, downloaded.update, logged I etc etc and then the box has put a 'linking' message up.on screen. It has been up on there for about 25 minutes now, any idea how long it takes?
It keeps going to screen saver mode too, which I then press the down key to get the same linking screen back up.

Just checked my broadband speed.over WiFi and it is running at 51 mbps at the moment for download and 9.5mbps for upload so not a connectivity issue.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Ian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. That linking message shouldn't appear, it sounds like the software update may have completed incorrectly. Reset the box by pushing a pin into the reset hole at the back until you see it restart, then try setting up the box again.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

They mean the back button (top left) on the remote. Although I would have thought your problem with the linking message comes after you've connected to wifi (is that correct?) in which case I can't see that making any difference. However worth a try.

If all your IP checks are coming back as in the UK then I can't think why you would get that linking message, but it still seems to me like some kind of issue thinking it isn't in the right region.

A couple of things I would suggest is when it's a convenient time (eg whilst having lunch) turn off your broadband router for a good 15-20 minutes, then power back up. This will force a new IP address, then you'll need to do either another hard reset of the box and see if this time it sets up correctly or do a forced software update.

If it doesn't and you have friendly neighbours, see if you can pop round and set up the box on their TV instead - you'll need to connect to their wifi network, then do a forced software update and see if the linking message disappears. If it does you can take it back home and change the wifi over to your network.

However if neither of those help then I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions and you'll need to reply back to the technical team to see what they suggest next.