cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box and remote not working

I’m seriously getting annoyed with this box.
I bought it last year and have only now decided to use it. ( bought mainly for good subscription offer rather than the box)
After a day of usage the remote stopped working however I was able to connect my phone and use that as one in place which was fine until today. Our router got replaced and I wanted to try and connect the box to the new router information however as the box is not. One red to the internet it will not connect to my phone meaning I can update the information. Did a reset thinking this might give me access to the remote once agin but the box isn’t even recognising the remote. All it does is blink twice every couple seconds. So now I’m stuck with a useless box that I can’t connect to my router and can’t replace as it’s to old. There should be something here to stop this problem. So frustrating feel like smashing the box at this rate.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy. I always keep abbey eye out this time of year as we got such an amazing deal with this box last year. I’ll probably look to ditch it, tbh, if such a deal comes along agin this year as we have no need for a second box. Now tv is on the PlayStation in the living room and this was purely for Sunday morning lay ins on sucks days in the bedroom lol 😆
Thank you so much for your help it’s much appreciated 👍🏻

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. When you say you've reset the box, have you just unplugged it and powered it back up? If so, we can help. If however you've pushed a pin in the reset hole at the back for several seconds then unfortunately the only way to set up the box now is with a NOW TV or Roku remote, you'll need to find someone who has one and borrow it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy I have done both now. Was trying to sift through the forums hoping for help but nothing worked. I wonder if I can get a remote online cheap? 🧐
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's a shame, if you've done a reset at the back I won't be able to help I'm afraid. You can pick up a replacement remote for just under fiver here 

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

or you might find one cheaper on eBay, although as you've got a white box which is quite old and slower than the new boxes you might want to give a think to if its worth spending a bit extra and just getting a replacement box instead (you can then use the remote to set up your white box again and use it as a second box in a different room).

eg http://www.argos.co.uk/search/now-tv-box/

although might be be worth keeping an eye on prices from Boxing Day in the usual places Tesco, Argos, Amazon, Currys, other supermarkets etc to see if there are any sales offers on them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy. I always keep abbey eye out this time of year as we got such an amazing deal with this box last year. I’ll probably look to ditch it, tbh, if such a deal comes along agin this year as we have no need for a second box. Now tv is on the PlayStation in the living room and this was purely for Sunday morning lay ins on sucks days in the bedroom lol 😆
Thank you so much for your help it’s much appreciated 👍🏻