cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan2

Crashes when trying to select series

NowTV for iPad:

Essentially, I can click around, open and view anything… anything… except the one show which I want to watch (The Sopranos). As soon as I got to click on it, before being able to select series/episode, it crashed. Typical.

Come to think of it, 9 times out of 10, NowTV is dodgy and doesn’t work. This is just the cherry on top.

I don’t even know if I expect a fix or any advise, just to let you know I’ll likely be cancelling my subscription (which is extortionate for what is on offer) and will likely just torrent everything now.

The service is junk; before anybody asks, yes, of course I’ve reinstalled it. About 7 times. Yes, it’s just The Sopranos consistently.

Complete joke.

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nathan2 

Have you updated the iPad software to 17.0.2?

On my iPad I successfully navigated and "watched" the final episode of The Sopranos. Have you tried using your phone as a hotspot or unplugging your router for a few minutes?

Seldom have I had issues with watching NOW on my iPad. That said I could spend all day saying what I think is wrong with the service in an app and content perspective. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Nathan2 

Have you tried a different browser?

If you are using Safari, have you tried Settings/Safari/Advanced/Website Data, and deleted anything Now-related?

I have no Now issues there, but I get a problem where the Sony Community declines to allow me to log in, and I have to delete some Sony entries under Safari, which clears the issue until the next time.

Maybe you have something similar, but with Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.