cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Your device activity limit has been reached, you cannot add another device"

Hello.

Wondering if someone can help me? im getting quite agitated over not being able to use my NowTv on my mac for the last two months it keeps displaying that message everytime i go to play something. 

All four of my slots are taken up - i have my sister using it on her xbox, i have my other sister using it on her phone, i have it on my Ipad which i use occasionally and then the fourth spot taken by my Macbook. However despite paying for it i have not been able to use it and i cant for the life of me figure out why - i dont want to add a new device my macbook has always been. I havent deleted any slots  the only thing i have done is added my sisters iphone a few weeks ago thats all.

any ideas?

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it sounds like your Mac isn't been recognised as the Mac is the device list. I'd suggest deleting it from the list then trying to watch something. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue on my Mac... Can anyone advise...
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

We'll look at your devices then remove the mac if we need and allow you to re-add it. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue with my Mac not being recognised after a os update. I added this device at the beguing of April and all was ok until the update, but if I delete the pc that is in my device list I would have to wait until 1st May to add the device right? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want to try and remove/add your device and if needed we will get that arranged for you,

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I'm trying to watch on the device I have always used but it isn't being recognised. I was getting glitches earlier today and reinstalled Silverlight. Since then I have been unable to connect and NOW TV thinks I am trying to add a device. I have deleted three of my devices including the laptop I have always used and now cannot not connect at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can see this has been sorted for you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything that has been suggested already (I am using Firefox):

Checked Silverlight plugin is always activated.

Changed name of the playready file to mspr.hds.old

Deleted mspr.hds

NowTV now keeps saying "Your device activity limit has been reached, you cannot add another device", even though I have been using the same device this whole time! This must have something to do with me deleting the playready file several times. it seemed to add a new PC device on to my account each time, I then deleted these and it won't allow me to add another device until 1st July, and appears to think the device I'm using is not the original one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MinaBE 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Can't suggest anything for the blank screen issue, but under the circumstances, I'm sure Live Chat will be able to sort the device limit issue.  Click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV and hit the green Contact Us at the bottom of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat & Email options (8am - Midnight). Best to use a PC/Mac.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy