cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why TV+mobile apps search/sort features are so limited when compared to the website?

On the TV+mobile apps, I can only search by film title, & one is forced to use the limited, pre-categorised options to sort. The recently added section lists only around 20 films at a time, & only some of them.

On the Now TV website, I can search/sort the entire database by film title, release year, actor/actress, director, A-Z & recently added. Plus, just noticed, by age 'Certificate' too - how wonderful.

I seem to have the latest apps installed on my TV & mobile.

Is this only me, or a limitation for everyone? 

[Sorry if this is in the wrong place - mods please move if it is]

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Now TV search engine feature is extremely limited, i have posted a request for extra features in this ideas post linked below.

Please vote up and add your feedback comments or your requests to this idea post if you don't mind (every vote helps).Smiley Happy

Thanks.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Ability-to-search-by-actor-and-director/idi-p/345223

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The best thing you can do for now is do your browsing and searching on the website and for any films you are interested in click the Add to My TV button. Then when you go back to your TV/mobile app you can access them quickly from your Watchlist there.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

Given that this topic has nothing to do with using the NOW TV app on LG televisions. Can this topic be merged into this existing Ideas for NOW TV sub-section please?

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello NOW TV Team Members,

Given that this topic provides helpful advice to people with the LG app who are looking for more effective ways of searching movies, as well as providing a useful link to the relevant ideas board entry for users who aren't aware of its existence, and is doing no harm sat in the LG section whatsoever, can it remain EXACTLY WHERE IT IS please? 😉

Thank you!

image.jpeg

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy,

Whilst I agree with the spirit of what you're saying. If @Anonymous User is not viewing the NOW TV service using an LG television then his/her topic does not belong here and as such should be moved to a more appropriate forum section.

"A place for everything, everything in its place."

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital The OP did say they have the app installed on their TV and posted in the LG TV section, so that seems fair to me.

Don't worry, it's a friendly war, but war none the less! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I dunno @SeeMoreDigital and your categories lolSmiley Happy

EDIT only joking!!  We need someone keeping everyone in line lolSmiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys & thanks for your further comments.

Couple of points if I may...

1. The TV is indeed an LG one (although the mobile is non-LG)

2. Soon after posting, I realised this wasn't a LG-only problem, so made a request (via the Options > Report Abuse' feature) to move it to the Ideas for NOW TV sub-section. Perhaps it was the wrong way to request this / they haven't read my request yet / they have read it, but not moving it anyway.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I noticed your comments on the ideas section which i totally agree with, but don't forget to vote the idea up (sadly at the moment it only has 10 votes and what's the saying every vote counts). Smiley Happy