38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's very annoying please fix
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How strange... I don't!

Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue on my LG TV since the update. I have to login to watch a film, then once I turn off the TV, turn it on again, I have to relog back into now TV as I have then been logged out....very annoying. I use to be able just watch a film and did not have to log in each time. Initializing app does nothing to solve this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for us.

Only one of the two sets, 29LN460U is fine, loggs in automaticaly.

42LN575V, Initialized App and downloaded and installed software update 04.27.05, (was04.27.02), still wants signing in every time set turned of and on.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

42LN575V, Initialized App and downloaded and installed software update 04.27.05, (was04.27.02), still wants signing in every time set turned of and on.

Out of interest, what happens if you place your 42LN575V into 'standby' mode instead of switching it off?

And how is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless ethernet connection?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No need to switch off, just come out of NOW and return to tv and when you go back you have to sign in.

I use a pair of powerline connectors, so to all intense it is wired.

The other set is working wirelessly as it is near to the router.

my router is fibre running at 48 Meg

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How strange. I have the same television in my bedroom and have no 'logging in' issues.

Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option? Which can be found via: Support [?] -> Initialization of App...

Cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same issue on my LG TV since the update. I have to login to watch a film, then once I turn off the TV, turn it on again, I have to relog back into now TV as I have then been logged out....very annoying. I use to be able just watch a film and did not have to log in each time. Initializing app does nothing to solve this?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information. What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, a wired connection is much more reliable...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for the response.

My TV is a LG 42ln578v-ze. I have tried updating the software which was version 04.27.02(before the Now TV change worked fine and I did not have to log in each time.) and have updated to 04.27.05 with the same issue remaining. I have tried the Intialization of App with the same issue remaining. My TV is a wired connection via ethernet cable as my cable router is right next to my TV. Putting the TV in Standby does the exact same thing and I am asked to enter user name/password on connecting to Now TV.  I enter my user name and password. Watch a film, come out of the Now TV app, put the tv in stand by, then comeout of standby,go to NOW TV,  I then have to enter user name and password again to watch a film or view account. If the TV is on and I come out of Now TV, then without turning off the TV or going into standby I can go to Now TV without having to relog in. For me the user name and password seem to be forgot by the tv in either standby or powered off. It's very annoying in having to each time enter user name and password. I hope this gets resolved soon other wise I'll end up discontinuing my NOW TV subscription. I have Amazon Prime as well for films and have no issue with that service or having to enter a password each time...this just appears to be an issue since NOW TV changed.

Thanks,