cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

paying twice

Using my entertainment voucher, went into my account and put in voucher numbers, I did this on my Ipad using search engin google, have now been told by Now TV that you cannot use this search engine and that voucher will not register, so I ended up paying twice, once for voucher and Now taken money out of my bank account, has anyone else had this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

So I think I understand what might of happened. When you say you used Google do you mean Chrome the Google Browser? Rather than the search Engine? - You might of been told you can't use Chrome, this isn't strictly true - you can use it to apply vouchers and use the site but you can't watch content with it.

Sounds like you've been charged for a normal pass because the voucher didn't apply. Let me look at your account and confirm what's going on, you'll get an email from me soon.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Not had that problem myself, however, I'm sure Live Chat would consider a refund in such circumstances.  Click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV and hit the green Contact Us at the bottom of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat & Email options (8am - Midnight). Best to use a PC/Mac.

Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As long as you didn't input your voucher code directly into google search or searching for nowtv site on google didn't lead you to a fake site then what you say you were told just makes no sense.

There is no reason why you cant use google to search for nowtv/this site, log into your account and apply a voucher.

I would be really shocked if nowtv have said you can not do that but if so that person needs a new career and you should be filing a complaint.

Who told you you can not do that? Remember if it was on here (the forums) that most people here are just customers and not nowtv staff.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • it was an operator on the Now chat line who told me. Not at all pleased.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like the live chat rep got his/her wires crosssed and maybe thought you were trying to watch using google but either way you were given wrong information for your query and maybe NowTV can check up on this (im pretty sure they record all chats) and highlight this to the rep reponsible so that it doesnt happen in future (some extra trianing maybe!).

That aside, @Simon-J probally hit the nail on the head with the 'voucher may not have applied' correctly. Seems to be a fairly common thing. Simon is good at fixing things though and will be able to check your account to verify everything as he's staff so look out for his email 🙂

P.S. Keep an eye on your junk mail folder too, the NowTV emails often end up in there so if you can't see a message from Simon it may well of ended up in your junk.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

So I think I understand what might of happened. When you say you used Google do you mean Chrome the Google Browser? Rather than the search Engine? - You might of been told you can't use Chrome, this isn't strictly true - you can use it to apply vouchers and use the site but you can't watch content with it.

Sounds like you've been charged for a normal pass because the voucher didn't apply. Let me look at your account and confirm what's going on, you'll get an email from me soon.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been using vouchers since I started with Now TV, which was in November 2015, when purchased recieved 3 month entertainment vouche, the code was entered, after 3months was finished my son bought me my next 3 month pass, because we were on holiday at the time of renewal were used the voucher in Febuary 2016, this took me up to I think the date was 21st May, I then put in number from a 3month voucher,after checking my bank account , I have been paying twice.

I had a talk with one of your operators on chat line and was told because I went through Google it is not comparable with Now TV, this I said was wrong because I had used the same way to buy a day pass for sport, I am very disappointed in the company and they way I was told on chat line. I hope you can sort this matter out for me.

Regards 

Aileen

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I forgot to say that I went on to the official site to use vouchers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Ive tried ringing, emailing - ive been charged twice for months under same email address. Please cancel both packages and refund be nice?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

For security reasons all 'account' related issues (such as, NOW TV account removal/card details removal and refunds) are subject to the Data Protection Act, which means it's more appropriate for you to directly contact a NOW TV representative rather than asking one of them (or somebody who may be posing as one of them) to contact you!

You can contact a NOW TV representative about your issue via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

And just-so 'all' NOW TV customers know. Currently...

• All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) and free-trials, run for their full duration, even if they are officially cancelled after the first day.
  • All monthly NOW TV subscription(s) 'roll on' automatically if they're not officially cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'retention offer', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!
  • If your preference is to use 'voucher code passes', you can submit your voucher pass whenever the green 'Apply a voucher' link becomes visible (via the 'My passes' area of your account). The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • 'Free trial' subscribers are notified by email that they will be charged unless they cancel their subscription(s) prior to their 'free trial' ending. So keep a look-out, including your spam/junk mail!
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the grey coloured 'Canel' button will not be accessible.
  • While the NOW TV accounts system is attempting to collect payment(s) the 'Apply voucher' button will not be accessible.
  • New NOW TV voucher code passes can be added within the last month of your current NOW TV services expiry date. The new pass will commence only after your existing pass expires. So you don't lose-out on any days.
  • Setting up a 'Payment PIN' code on your NOW TV account is advised. As it will be prevent others from purchasing additional NOW TV services without your consent!
  • Cancelling your NOW TV subscription(s) has to be done officially and correctly via your NOW TV account. And has to be done for each of the NOW TV services you have subscribed to. After which you will receive a confirmation email.
  • Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the NOW TV subscriber to manage their NOW TV account (or accounts if you have them)!