cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a two question re live tv

Purchased a NowTV Box,

First question, for whatever reason when I logged the account and set it up I didn't get the 14 day free trial it offered me, instead I had to

give my payment details and voucher number if I had ..which I supplied both, now I have 6 months pass which is what I had but what

I don't have is the 14 days free, is there anyway to get the extra 14 days applied to my account?

Second question, I cannot see on the menu of my NowTv box  (plugged into my Sony tv via hdmi) as to where the Live Tv is situated?

I spotted some 'streaming' channels but I thought (maybe mistakingly) that I would be able to get he 13 channels it stated such as

Sky Atlantic/Fox/MTV/Sky1   as live channels, but cant see it?  I can see  catch up on some of them but that is all.

Any help/advice/bad news would be welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, ask away!

Yep, you can. When you buy your new box just enter the same username and password on it when you set it up and it will share the pass you currently have. You can apply the second voucher anytime in the last month of your current six month pass and it will kick in when your 6 months comes to an end. Just remember to keep it safe so you don't lose it!

The Apple TV can be added as well. Just beware there are 2 ways to log onto an Apple TV, one with your iTunes ID and the other win your NOW TV account. Make sure you choose the NOW TV account option otherwise it won't pick up your pass.

Unfortunately NOW TV only streams at 720p so even though the Apple TV can do 1080p (so can the NOW TV box with other apps) you'll still only get 720p when watching NOW TV.

Hope that helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There's no way to get the free trial if you've already applied your voucher I'm afraid, it's only for people who've not purchased a pass or applied a voucher. If you've never had the movies pass in the past though you may be entitled to that.

One reason you might not have been given the trial is if you've ever had the NOW TV trial in  the past, or if your payment card has ever been used for a NOW TV account.

To get to the live channels for your Entertainment Pass, open the NOW TV app (blue and green logo) from the NOW TV box's homescreen and when it loads, choose the Entertainment section from the left hand menu. All the live channels are in the Watch Live section at the top of the submenu.

With your entertainment pass you can also watch all the content you find in that Entertainment section, there's loads of  on-demand and boxsets to watch as well as the live channels!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the swift response

I have never had a NowTV account before, it's   major prob;em, shame it wasn't given but thems the breaks.

Can you confirm that the tv channels i mentioned above are all live and available to me?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep you'll find all 13 live channels under that Watch Live section and you can watch them as long as you have an active entertainment pass.

Regarding the trial, there is also a 14 day trial of movies available to new customers (anyone who hasn't used movies before) so you might want to take advantage of that whenever you fancy it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again, thanks for the swift response and spot on with your info/advice...I had seen the live tv tab but assumed it was what wasa underneath it but that then went to demand...but now have seen the error of my ways.

I guess I should ask another question if thats ok, may as well go for broke.  I'm going to buy another set top box for the bedroom, it has the same deal with 6 months pass on it but would i be able to use the other set top box on this account as well (think i read 4 devices?)  and keep the 6 months pass for when this one expires?   or shortly before so as not to be billed?  I think i read somewhere that vouchers have to be applied within 12 months.

I do have an Apple tv box somewhere, can i also use that with my current account details for NowTv?  (the aspect ratio on the now boxes is a bit pants at 720 but apples i've read is at 1080?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, ask away!

Yep, you can. When you buy your new box just enter the same username and password on it when you set it up and it will share the pass you currently have. You can apply the second voucher anytime in the last month of your current six month pass and it will kick in when your 6 months comes to an end. Just remember to keep it safe so you don't lose it!

The Apple TV can be added as well. Just beware there are 2 ways to log onto an Apple TV, one with your iTunes ID and the other win your NOW TV account. Make sure you choose the NOW TV account option otherwise it won't pick up your pass.

Unfortunately NOW TV only streams at 720p so even though the Apple TV can do 1080p (so can the NOW TV box with other apps) you'll still only get 720p when watching NOW TV.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went to the website of where i got my last Nowtv beox from (friday) and the price inclusive of the 6month pass has increased by £10   ha!  I'll wait

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it was even cheaper during the Black Friday promotions. Worth keeping an eye on the prices in case they drop. Unless you desperately need a second box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was £25   i'm not desperate, can wait easy enough...if not then i'll stick with one box and cry

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It was £25   i'm not desperate, can wait easy enough...if not then i'll stick with one box and cry

If you're interested Currys are still offering a 5 month Entertainment pass for £25.00 - ie: £5.00 per month

Link: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/smart-tv/now-tv-entertainment-pass-5-month-10078578-pdt.html