cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Same problem here.....i even took box back to tesco for exchange thinking it had a fault

Gonna see what's happening here guys, a fix was put in place earlier today. Can you all reset your boxes so we can ensure full functionality again? Thanks 🙂 @Anonymous User and everyone else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems improved.

Picture quality is good.

But audio has a frequent crackle for me.

Least its watchable now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No improvement.....still same problems after doing full reset as reccomended by online chat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 

We had thought that this issue was fixed but unfortunately this is not the case. The technical team are aware of the ongoing problems and are working on a resolution as we speak (type)

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Any closer to a resolution?  I got a replacement Now TV stick due to the same issues with the black box and now experiencing the same issue with this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

any updates on this?

I thought (like many) that there was a problem with my equipment, then found the other channels were fine.

It is really getting annoying 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having a problem with gold picture and sound keeps breaking up, really annoying as it the channel we watch most been happeni ng for weeks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talked before with the online chat service, was told that they were aware of the problem, to say this problem is over a week old and still not fixed is nothing more that a joke. And to be not told that there was a problem is not good enough, how long is a piece of string ( that’s the attitude of customer service when asking how long till fixed)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s about time this fault was fixed. It’s totally unwatchable but still NOW TV continue to take my money. Fix it or I’ll cancel.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gold is now virtually unwatchable. This is not on NOW TV. It needs to be sorted.