cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noeyedeer
Scholar 2

Gold Won't stream properly

This has been happening on and off for a few weeks now. I looked on twitter and other people are having the problem. I saw a reply from the NowTV account that there is no problem and a "reset" will solve it. I don't know what they mean by a "reset", but i have tried unplugging it, using the system restore/reset/whatever its called in the settings. Doesn't matter what i do, the problem keeps occurring. Sometimes it streams for hours without a problem, other times its juddering and making a horrific loud buzz/beep noise. I don't really use any of the other entertainment channels, but i switched channels during the problem and it seemed to be ok. Switching back to Gold, the same problem. I never used to have this problem, and nothing in my set up has changed. Same tv, same leads, same box, same everything. Only recently it's going crazy. The juddering picture wouldnt be so bad, but the noise it makes is horrific. Can't keep listening to that. Does anybody else have this problem? Any solutions? My guess is it must be a problem at Sky's end, but they can't be bothered to acknowledge there is a problem as it's not their channel. Just to add, i've never had this problem on the Sports channels or anything else. It doesn't happen on Gold demand either, i've only noticed the problem on the live Gold channel. As i type, it just did it again. It's close to hopeless. 

135 REPLIES 135
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its starting to flicker alot more again and picture ratio has gone back to what is was also sound is a bit rough

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The white box is there to clearly identify video streams originating from the app and website, to prevent their unlawful use.  Happens on many platforms especially football.

When this was on the screen Gold worked perfectly and since it vanished there is now a crackling in the background.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when that box was there all the programmes streamed in 16:9 now the box has gone and all the old programmes have gone back to 4:3 again. Put it back to how it was will ya and stop fiddling with it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have noticed, on two Now TV boxes and two Android devices, that UKTV Gold has very crackly sound - all the time.  Not now and again - but constant!  The little white square in the bottom left hand corner has gone, and the aspect ratio, like others are saying, is fixed.  But the channel is almost unwatchable due to crackling audio on all programmes and adverts.

Will we ever get Gold without a problem???!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see the old problems are creeping back again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

More of a temporary fix until screen ratio is sorted