cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment

I having a problem,when I change channels, ie from sky1 to UK gold etc I have to come out of now tv and back in for it to work ,or it wont change channels thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and welcome to the board. Smiley Happy

This sounds very much like it is related to the problems that @Lindzi and others have been having for quite some time now and whilst there isn't a proper "fix" for it, Now TV know about the problem and are supposed to be working on it.  You could try the old trick of unplugging your Now TV box, leaving it for a few minutes and plugging it back in, that will re-boot it and you will get an animated "Chattering Teeth" page, followed a few seconds later by the normal Home Page.

Lindzi has been driven bonkers by this and it must be really annoying, she has even tried the NowTV Samsung app on her telly and is still suffering.  There are a few threads about it in the "Black Box" section (You don't say which box you are using, so I'm guessing that it's a black one) and it might help to know that some other folk are having the same problem.  The strange thing is that it doesn't affect everybody and one train of thought was that it was down to some settings on the "Virgin Hub"....Again, I don't know if you are using one of those, so that's not much help either! ....Sorry! Smiley Sad

As I say, you could try the old disconnect trick but I can't promise that it will work.  Now TV really need to have a good look at this as it is affecting and annoying a lot of their customers.

I'm sorry not to be the bearer of glad tidings but I hope that you are having a good Christmas in other ways.

All the best! Smiley Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I having a problem,when I change channels, ie from sky1 to UK gold etc I have to come out of now tv and back in for it to work ,or it wont change channels thanks

Hi @Anonymous User,

First things first. What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
[ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers yea I tried the switch of and back on its the black box thanks again
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the black box