cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts for NOW TV instead of a home page

Hi,

I've been a subscriber to NOW TV for about a year, but in the last week or so, when I log on, I get several pages' worth of adverts for various NOW TV packages and I'm not able to access either the search bar or the drop-down menu on the left-hand side to just start watching programmes.  It's only when I scroll down and click on help or one of the other options that the menu bar appears.

Anyone know how to remove the automatic adverts and just get back to the useable home page?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like that you have only just had the new homepage UI software update.

On the left hand side of the home screen, does it say Home, Best of Catch up, My Apps etc

If so this is the new style layout which you cannot change unfortunately.

If you prefer the old layout you will have to scroll down to My Apps then click enter, but this will not default to the homepage, every time you press the Home button on the RC or start up the box it will always revert to the new homepage screen.

Initially i didn't like the new layout, but after a while i got used to it and find it fine now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this.  

There is no left hand side menu - there's a rotating banner advert for different NOW TV packages that goes across the entire home-page.  

I'm not against a new layout - it's just these adverts are blocking me from being able to start watching anything until I've scrolled right down to the bottom of the ads to the base-line menu and selected 'how to contact us', at which point the three horizontal lines of the menu appears in the top left as it always used to.

I'm watching on my MAC laptop.

Best wishes, 

laura

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Please Ignore my post it doesn't relate to Mac users.  

You might find some useful tips on this thread linked below.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Terrible-Player-Terrible-UI/m-p/387829#M1799

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What device are you using to access the NOW TV service?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying.

I'm watching on a MAC laptop.

Best wishes.