cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting started on Now TV

Hey,

I'm trying to get strated on Now TV with the 14 day free trial, but must have missed something.

I put in my address and CC details (created account), it said it was checking the card (10p off then back on) and then nothing. Page doesn't resolve to anything. Tried going back in, around and around and then I've managed to add the show I wanted to watch (Silicon Valley) to my Watchlist but can't get it to start.

I have Safari and am on Mac with latest OS. I've allowed plugins and NowTv in preferences.

Any advice?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly check your 14 day trial has started properly by going to your My Account > My Passes page 

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

and  make sure it is showing your 14 day trial active (also don't forget you will need to cancel this if you don't want it to turn into a paid pass after the 14 days, you can cancel now and still get access until the 14 days is up).

Then in Safari try the following

1. Go to the NOW TV website and try to play an episode of Silicon Valley

2. While the programme is trying to load, go to Safari>Preferences> Security> Plugin Settings
3. Make sure Silverlight is ticked on the left of the pane, and make sure www.nowtv.com OR watch.nowtv.com is listed on the right of the pane, and set it to Always Allow
 4. Click Done, restart Safari and see if that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. I had already been through those steps. After pulling my
hair out for some time (and attempting the transaction multiple times), I
tried a different credit card and it worked straight away. Not sure what
the problem was as the initial card has worked since everywhere else I've
been. Now TV just misses a screen that notifies of an incomplete
transaction.

After watching the show I'd been wanting to, I have learned to forgive!

Thanks for your help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some issue trying to watch Silicon Vally.

As you stated you are stuck on the 10p authorization check, can you please check with your bank to make sure they are not blocking this charge. Banks normally block this charge thinking its fraud due to it being a small amount.

Let us know how you get on once you have spoken to your bank,

Thanks

NOW TV Team