cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 months ENTERTAINMENT pass

Yesterday I bought a NOW TV SMART box which had with it a card saying that if I scratched out the code and entered it I would get 3 months ENTERTAINMENT pass.  This obviously didn't work because I've received an e-mail saying that I should enjoy my 14 day free trial after which a £6.99 payment will be taken. Noticed other people with similar problem in the Forum but likewise can't see Apply voucher link in My Account.

Also I have a technical problem at the moment.  Do I need an aerial on my roof or will the lead that we had connected from our Sky dish be sufficient to get Freeview channels ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, sounds like you've just activated the 14 day free trial that new customers are entitled to. Go to your My Account > My Passes page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

and  D click the apply voucher link next to your entertainment pass and enter the code again. This should add the3 months onto the end of your trial.

You will need either a rooftop Freeview aerial or an indoor aerial to connect to your box, the Sky lead won't work. You can however get BBC and ITV channels live via their apps on the box in the meantime.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, sounds like you've just activated the 14 day free trial that new customers are entitled to. Go to your My Account > My Passes page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

and  D click the apply voucher link next to your entertainment pass and enter the code again. This should add the3 months onto the end of your trial.

You will need either a rooftop Freeview aerial or an indoor aerial to connect to your box, the Sky lead won't work. You can however get BBC and ITV channels live via their apps on the box in the meantime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for your advice. I'm all set up for 3 months free from the date that the initial 14 day free trial expires. Perfect.

Don't have a rooftop aerial any more.  I wonder whether an indoor aerial will provide a decent signal !

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No worries, glad you got sorted.

Difficult to say re: indoor aerial as there are many variables in play, it's not just a case of how close you are to a transmitter. What you could do is try one out from a place like Argos who are usually more lenient with returns than some places, but check with them first if you can return if it's not suitable.

However if you have a Sky feed have you thought of using your old Sky box (or an equivalent Freesat model)  to access the Freesat channels instead, as the lineup of channels is almost identical (Dave being the main exception).