cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Can I take half a point for my council though????? They are going to pick future kings and queens on that spot not through a family line so it's like a little election. Rulers will not be born but chosen. .whoop whoop!!

Oh and I still get points for the melting of the throne (even if it's not how I though it would happen) or am I clutching at straws 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @Andy 

Yes maisie Williams. She has been so good in this season. 

No face off malarkey though which was disappointing 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Can I take half a point for my council though????? They are going to pick future kings and queens on that spot not through a family line so it's like a little election. Rulers will not be born but chosen. .whoop whoop!!

Oh and I still get points for the melting of the throne (even if it's not how I though it would happen) or am I clutching at straws 🙂

@Lindzi The judge’s decision is final, and any attempt to manipulate the judge will result in disqualification!!! 😝😂👑

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

NOOOOOO I’ve got a better story for you Tyrion!!! Think of Sansa, everything she’s been through, with Joffrey, and Ramsey, don’t say it Tyrion!!!! Please, tell me the show runners have spliced together the wrong alternate cut!!! Where’s that petition to remake Season 8!!! 😂😂😂😂

@Andy @Lindzi 

.......the reason Bran "came all that way", somebody pushed you, you had no choice in it!!!!!!

PPS... apologies, I'm quoting everything now whether it needs it or not.... it's like a new toy!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Oh that's good then, I'll definitely get the points. Excellent 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi yep, can’t disagree you, I think it would have to be Peter Dinklage. They should definitely win awards for CGI/special effects as well though, they really have created movie-quality effects and cinematography over and over again. It’s miles ahead of any other TV show. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User arrrghhh, so what do we actually think of the final outcome? Are we all happy with Bran the Broken? (Not the greatest title you can be given, I would guess?) Happy for Sansa? Think Arya would really go off sailing into the sunset?

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

I'm ok with it. Just a bit too sweet/sentimental but they could never please everyone and we would always be underwhelmed as it's tying everything up. The whole season has maybe been a bit rushed to fit everything in but I dont feel strongly enough to sign a petition!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi @Anonymous User arrrghhh, so what do we actually think of the final outcome? Are we all happy with Bran the Broken? (Not the greatest title you can be given, I would guess?) Happy for Sansa? Think Arya would really go off sailing into the sunset?

@Andy @Lindzi 

I'm happy enough with the final outcome, maybe not so much with Bran sitting on the Iron Wheelchair (Bran the Broken, just seems so much like Ivar the Boneless over on season five Vikings that I'm watching), but happy enough with every one elses ending.  Sansa got what she wanted.... I did think Arya would go off somewhere and exploring the seas to the West seems fair enough.

So, who actually said the final words??  was it the Northmen shouting "Queen of the North" to Sansa??  No one will get points for that!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi  Yeah, I can see how it all comes full circle with everyone’s favourite Starks bringing order to chaos, but it was all a bit sugary sweet wrap everything in a bow and they all lived happily ever after. Ahh, well, maybe that’s what we need after all the shocks! Have to agree with you tho Lindz, it’s all been too rushed. If only the writers and producers had the benefit of hindsight they could have got rid of all those wasted episodes with the Hound and Arya on walkabout. Or if only HBO had coughed up enough for a proper 10 episode season. Still, let’s stay positive, it’s been a hell of a ride, and we’ve loved (almost) every minute of it!!!