cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaveTheAmazon
Advocate

Who else is excited about the US Open? Oh, wait...

I posted this as a reply first, but the powers that be need to see how many of us are frustrated.

So I'm reposting this as a new discussion.  Sorry.

Warning! Please ignore and don't read the following - I used it as a cathartic experience.

Wwwwow! You guys... No words. Just signed up to the Monthly Sports Membership. US Open, baby! Here I come! Was expecting the Amazon Prime experience.  I'm looking around and it feels like it's 2010 or earlier.

I thought it'd be awesome to hop into a time machine and go into the past. But no. It kinda sucks.

You guys are charging for this? Nice hustle. On the one hand I respect that, but on the other hand. Damn! I feel like such a sucker.  Mr Jeff Bezos, sir, I know you left me at the altar, but I still love you.

Okay, enough with the raw emotion. I apologize to whoever just read that.

Here's a condensed, "dispassionate observer" version of what happened.

First step was to try to rekindle my long extinguished Sky account. I learned some new words: Glass, Stream, Q. But apparently everything still requires a Sky device. Can't just sign up and stream through a web browser.

Ah, but there's NOW (TV). Quick web search informed me that it includes ON DEMAND.

Fastest sign up ever.

You're all caught up!

Current situation:

Desktop Bonus Streams = black screen.

Android app Bonus Streams = no such thing.

I don't have any other devices to hand.

Please, anyone, tell me that I'm an over-dramatic dummy & there's a plan to have every match available in the Classic Matches section in due time. Deep down I know that the wise people at NOW got our back. Right? Please someone tell me that, even if it is a lie.

I apologize again. I feel a little bit better.

Thank you.

32 REPLIES 32
Patsy10
Mentor

Why have Sky got this contract?  Is it just a SCAM for the $$$$$$$ with no thought for the tennis fans!  We are being offered TWO matches when there are SEVENTEEN being played at any one time.  THIS IS SCANDALOUS and I am hoping that the Tennis Federation and the ATP will take this up.  It really does show just how poor Sky are when compared with Amazon, they should never have been granted access to this tournament.  I AM APPALLED!

Lushlox
Mentor

Unfortunately if you don't have the listed devices eg Apple TV, Amazon fire stick, among others you won't be able to have access to all courts only the two paltry ones they give you. 

I won't be giving Sky / Now TV another penny

CheatedbyNow
Mentor

Even if you do have a device on the list (LG TV with yesterdays NOW TV app) it still doesn't work. Absolute rip off. Advertised as access to ALL screens, scrolling message on 2 available channels about choice of courts, black screen when try it. Chat person tried to deflect me many times but eventually came up with 'technicians are working on it'

Lentilbake
Advocate

I just signed up for 35 quid for the month to watch the US Open and what a shambles! On my PC Browser Only two courts, no replay matches, can't even rewind the streams!! I cancelled straight away via the Chat option and got the money as a credit to my account. The guy on the Chat said, 'I am sorry to inform you that its a known issue where in our members are facing difficulties with the US Tennis match on their account and our relevant team is working on it'. Not good enough, a huge step backwards compared to the coverage on Prime. Does the ITF know what a completely rubbish service Sky are offering to tennis fans? 

Triciat
Mentor

I have tried to access using several of the devices on the 'supported' list.Theres still only 2 channels....despite up to 16 courts being in play at any given time.No access to on demand catch up rewind or even streaming a match to its conclusion. Appalling.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Triciat 

What devices have you tried for live Bonus Streams on the supported list from the screen shot below ?

Are you a UK customer or Republic of Ireland customer? 

Screenshot_2023-08-28-16-49-27.png

Triciat
Mentor

Hi 

Thanks for your reply.

Watching on a Roku 4 express fire stick / Now TV sports sub and Panasonic smart TV.Took out monthly sports sub specifically to watch US tennis 2023. No bonus streams showing No tennis channel with choice of court access.Well there was but disappeared early on the first day .Now customer complaints after the usual push back about 'supported devices' then said their technical team are working on it .Still no joy this morning .A days play down the Swanee with more inaccessible tennis matches to follow today...sigh..m

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Triciat 

The Panasonic Fire Fox Smart TV's don't even currently support the native NOW App on them (unless you have a newer lower end Panasonic from the last year or so that runs Android TV or Fire TV).

From the screen shot list, I know Chromecast Google TV which is not on the list also shows and plays Bonus  Streams fine (guessing it's the same for Android or Google Smart TV running OS 8 or higher).

Strange you can't get Bonus Streams on your Roku, where they was there last night on my Roku Stick Plus when watching in the UK.

I have also asked a NOW Staff Member if Bonus Streams are available to Republic of Ireland customers from my screenshot list (unless a ROI NOW customer knows the answer?).

Triciat
Mentor

Thanks.I know the Panasonic TV has limited apps and you can't download the Now TV app from their 'apps market'.However I have Roku being fed from hdmi and that serves up a whole host of apps  including Now TV.

That's why I took out the Now TV sports subscription.

The ability to choose and find courts thru the Roku and the Now sports disappeared five minutes into the first days matc starting and only the game on the now Sky Sports HD channel was available.Then after we all complained at the end of the dayctine Tennis sessions the Court icons reappeared appearing as live....then when the US night tennis sessions began at midnight UK time they all disappeared again like Cinderella quitting the tennis Ball.

Today nothing .No catch up.No special tennis TV channel as vaunted by Sky Sports.

Will wait to see what appears after 4pm when streaming should be well underway.If its still  as bad I'm cancelling and demanding  a refund.

I see some folks have turned to viewing on Betting sites as their only way to view.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Triciat 

Strange you can't see the Bonus Streams on your Roku player via the NOW App if you are based in the UK.

Just fired up my Roku Stick Plus and if I click on either " Sport Top Pick" US Open thumbnail on the Sports section of the Roku NOW App or under the Tennis folder next to the Football, Motorsport then Tennis thumbnail and click on Tennis I am seeing the 16 court live Bonus Streams scheduled from 4pm today.

Edit - Forgot to say the Bonus Streams are not at the very bottom of the Roku NOW App Sports section like I was seeing on my Fire Stick and Chromecast Google TV.