cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Etienne_Sharkey
Advocate

US open court coverage

The content that NOW TV/Sky are delivering for the US open is a disgrace and unacceptable. Amazon and every other provider I have used have always provided all court coverage with high quality, and replays available for all matches as standard. NOW TV only letting you watch certain courts without a specific device is criminal, especially for the price of the service. 

I'm encouraging everyone who has the same issues to complain, and lobby for either all courts being available to everyone, or a full refund. 
Quite frankly, the offering for this tournament from NOW TV is unacceptable.

34 REPLIES 34
MatthewRI
Advocate

What were they thinking selling the rights to these people? 

EugeneSmythe
Scholar

Wholeheartedly agree. I have already complained. Let’s hope they make bonus streams available to all. They were working for an hour on my iPad and iPhone this afternoon and then disappeared. Unacceptable. 

Sassy

An absolute disgrace they take our money and provide the worst service. Just robbing us. So irritated abs disappointed tennis is my passion and not to be able to view it after paying extra is robbery! When they buy rights they never think of the fans! Do better please. 

Singeonsmthye
Occasional Poster

I agree, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Two courts of their choosing per day essentially ...typical miserable Sky behaviour.

AlanP
Observer

Left Sky years ago, expensive, now paying £23 for poor service, could watch all the French open matches for £6.99 on Amazon, cannot believe I fell for it.

SHR3
Mentor

100% behind you

I bought the Sports Bonus on the assumption that it would be the same as Amazon Prime's brilliant coverage of tennis - plenty of live action, easily accessible on my LAPTOP (no TV) and a heap of match replays to watch.

To my disappointment I find you can watch 2 games at best - you cannot pause the action or go to the beginning of the match, there are bloody adverts instead of analysis of the last 2 games.  It really should be made much much clearer that if you do not have specific TV hardware you cannot access the bonus 12 courts.  Exceedingly POOR and very disappointing offering - I shall be making sure that I post my points at the lack of quality on offer in as many forums as I can.  Suggest everyone also spreads the words asap.  Maybe we can get some people power progress on this one - either NOW TV ups it's game considerably to match what Prime was offering - or we all get refunds if we feel that we are not getting the servioce promised.

Celticpip
Scholar

Totally agree. I am so disappointed with Now's US Open measly, execrable, not fit for purpose offering.They have to improve this right NOW- 

1. They need to have all matches available, not just two of their, not the customer's choosing.

2.There has to be a catch up option- replay videos of ALL matches to click on matches of the customer's own choosing- to watch at a time if our choosing ie not in the middle of the night here in the UK!

3.They need to remove the very obvious video duration time on the replay videos. If you see in advance  how long the match lasts, you know who's going to win before the match is over- total spoiler which ruins the excitement and fun of watching competitive tennis!
4.Ads?? I can't believe they have the cheek to have long ad breaks when we had to pay £26 to watch 2 weeks of tennis- oh, and only the matches they decided to let us watch, often boring ones no true tennis fan would ever choose! 
5.And if they can't provide a proper US Open viewing experience with all matches + replays fully available as is the norm in 2023, they need to REFUND any customer who complains.

PeterM
Mentor

Hi and yes! I just paid to watch THE US OPEN  not simply one match. I would not have paid for such dreadful coverage and I have written to complain and demanded a refund. This is a scam and outrageous after the coverage offered by Amazon Prime!! Totally unacceptable!

LouiseB

I totally agree. Absolutely awful. I signed up today and I thin will ask for my money back. Not worth it.