cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaveTheAmazon
Advocate

Who else is excited about the US Open? Oh, wait...

I posted this as a reply first, but the powers that be need to see how many of us are frustrated.

So I'm reposting this as a new discussion.  Sorry.

Warning! Please ignore and don't read the following - I used it as a cathartic experience.

Wwwwow! You guys... No words. Just signed up to the Monthly Sports Membership. US Open, baby! Here I come! Was expecting the Amazon Prime experience.  I'm looking around and it feels like it's 2010 or earlier.

I thought it'd be awesome to hop into a time machine and go into the past. But no. It kinda sucks.

You guys are charging for this? Nice hustle. On the one hand I respect that, but on the other hand. Damn! I feel like such a sucker.  Mr Jeff Bezos, sir, I know you left me at the altar, but I still love you.

Okay, enough with the raw emotion. I apologize to whoever just read that.

Here's a condensed, "dispassionate observer" version of what happened.

First step was to try to rekindle my long extinguished Sky account. I learned some new words: Glass, Stream, Q. But apparently everything still requires a Sky device. Can't just sign up and stream through a web browser.

Ah, but there's NOW (TV). Quick web search informed me that it includes ON DEMAND.

Fastest sign up ever.

You're all caught up!

Current situation:

Desktop Bonus Streams = black screen.

Android app Bonus Streams = no such thing.

I don't have any other devices to hand.

Please, anyone, tell me that I'm an over-dramatic dummy & there's a plan to have every match available in the Classic Matches section in due time. Deep down I know that the wise people at NOW got our back. Right? Please someone tell me that, even if it is a lie.

I apologize again. I feel a little bit better.

Thank you.

32 REPLIES 32
NH
Advocate

you're not the only one feeling bitter, it's scandalous 

NH
Advocate

Am on the help chat with NOW. First they told me there are only 2 channels, when I replied that there are many matches and even the Sky commentators encourage you to switch to the game of your choice, they replied "It depends on the broadcastings rights, however we keep updating the matches telecasted on our website." Upon insisting they sent me a list of devices with which the bonus streams should work. Mine is among them but it doesn't work. 

NOW Smart Stick or Box Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition) Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen (2019) Amazon Fire TV 2nd Gen (2015) & 3rd Gen (2017) Amazon Fire TV Edition – JVC 4K (2019), HD/FHD (2020) & 2K (2021); Technika/Bush 4K (2020) Nebula Soundbar (2019) Roku boxes and streaming players YouView box PS4 PS5 Xbox One Xbox Series X & S Apple TV 4th generation or later JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV Supported LG or Samsung Smart TV.

"When a Bonus Stream is available, you'll find the option at the bottom of the Sports page in the NOW app." according to chat operator. Again, not working for me

MP2
Advocate

Thanks so much - how did you find a human being to speak to - I didn't get beyond the bot. I also have a YouView box and it's not working. It's a farce.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MP2 

On your Youview box open the NOW App and then from the home screen click on Sport top line where you see the gear wheel icon.

Once the screen refreshes then scroll all the way down, where you should hopefully see the Bouns Streams on the bottom row.

MP2
Advocate

Hi, I'm sorry about your issue. That is dire. My issue is slightly less dire but still very disappointing: I've just signed up with the promise that I'd be able to stream all 16 courts only to find that I am only able to view the 2 main channels - I've tried on the TV, laptop and phone. Is anyone else finding the same thing? If this is meant to be the case, the marketing is very misleading as it says that NOW TV customers can also watch all 16 courts live. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Many thanks. 

Triciat
Mentor

Your experience is the same as mine. Signed up to expensive Now monthly sports package purely to watch the U S Open tennis 23.My original concern was would there be on demand catch ups for matches in the night sessions that would be streamed in the early hours here in the UK.I screenshotted the grandstand claims from the Sky sports homepage which said yes Now sports package subbies would be able to pick and watch games on individual courts.What an idiot? Today whether I try to watch via Roku 4k  Now app on a Panasonic TV or on an android mobile or on an iPad  there is access to two measly channels.Which skip from match to match or sometimes stream the same match on two channels.I am incensed.Come on Now TV sort this out and provide a guide to what we can actually access and how.

ILTennis
Observer

Hi, same problem here. I was able to watch live streams from the courts from an iOS device yesterday for a couple of hours but then the option went away. I tried to seek help on the chat but they were clueless and told me to try again today.

ADRIANNA2
Mentor

YES AGREE !! RUBBISH! SIGNED UP JUST FOR US OPEN AND LORDY EVEN THE BBC DOES IT BETTER THAN THIS! BLACK SCREEN, NO LIVE ACTION FROM MOST COURTS. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MP2 

Seems like Bonus Streams isn't supported on a PC or mobile device such has a phone or tablet. 

When you mention TV, does it have the NOW App on it and if so what is the make and model number.

Also are you a UK customer with a monthly Sports Membership (not Mobile Sports Membership).