cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

West Ham V Southampton

Will the West Ham be available as a bonus stream this Sunday for a Sky Sports subscriber on NOW?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be on the safe side i would ask NOW the question directly using the email address on the screen shot below.

Should NOW not be offering the match on Bonus Streams and you won't have access to the game on Sky One where NOW won't permit it on a Sports Membership for the duration of the game, then have you ever had a 7 day free Entertainment NOW trial before ?

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, it has popped up on my box now - not available on any of my other devices though and the 25fps will irritate me.

Chris85
Mentor

Pi#sed off West Ham fan here! I’m on Apple TV and I’m not seeing anything about bonus streams. I’ve payed for the pass for the whole season specifically to watch my team. ( also have bt sport ). It seems like I won’t be able to watch my teams final game to try and get in to europa league! Won’t be able to watch the last game of what has been the best season for West Ham in my life.  I really hope that’s not the case. Why in earth is it on sky one? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chris85 

Are you using a Apple TV box generation 4 or 4K and using the newer NOW App ?

You won't get Bonus Streams on the older Apple TV generation 2 or 3 boxes, plus the NOW App will not be supported on these boxes after the 27th of May.

Here's a list of Bonus Streams supported devices.

Screenshot_2021-05-23-13-52-47.png

Chris85
Mentor

Thank you for the reply, It is now showing for me as a bonus stream. 

However.. 

it isn’t 1080p HD via the boost, I’m also paying for ( in 2021 )…………. .. .. .

Putting them on Sky one is all ok for Sky customers with Sky Q 4K etc, but it’s a bit of naughty one because they must know that Now tv customers will need an entertainment pass. It’s all well and good saying just use your free trial. But if you’ve already used that, you can’t.

Obviously West Ham and Southampton fans just got unlucky.

Before people say well at least it’s on, we are paying customers and these companies make billions not millions. Billions. 

4k should be standard on all compatible devices and streaming services in 2021.. 

But of course Sky doesn’t actually want us on Now tv do they… They want us to sign up to an 18 month contract.. 

Chris85
Mentor

Rant over COYI!

Chris85
Mentor

Couldn’t have put the game on you know… Sky Sports Football? There’s no game on Sky Sports Football.. I guess that channel is not for Football... Lol 

Rant really over now. Point made. Subscription cancelled.. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely agree with you Chris. Just bought a one time £9.99 Sports Day Pass, only to be told that I can't watch Southampton vs. West Ham, as it is not sport, it is in the entertainment pack... what a joke!

Chris85
Mentor

Is a joke especially when Sky Ports football yes sky sports Football has no game on. And is showing a documentary?!? 

Lol. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had a calvacade of issues today. Bought a sports day pass to watch the Monaco GP then Southampton vs West Ham. The Now TV player did not work on either of my PCs, so I ended up finally being able to watch on my phone (not an optimal experience) once the race was already 18 laps in. Then I go to switch to Southampton vs. West Ham, except it's on Sky One, so I can't watch it as I have a sports package and apparently the football game between Southampton and West Ham is not included in my SPORTS day membership. It is instead in the entertainment package as it's on Sky One. So I try to get a trial of the entertainment package, not allowed, I receive an error code. I then read on this forum thread that the game is available as a "Bonus Stream", except I don't have access to bonus streams as I am not a monthly member, I only have a day pass.

Well, I must say, I bought a sports pass, to watch sports, Now TV (or their sympathisers) will probably come back explaining the issues of your channels, etc. I don't care. I bought a sports pass, I want to watch sports. The 7 games being played today were known about as soon as the schedule for this season was announced. It is also a common occurrence for the last game of the season over previous years, it was not an unexpected event. I am so, so glad that now TV only have £9.99 of my money as I will not be giving them another penny. Abysmal.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chris85 

Leicester v Spurs is on Sky Sports Football.

The problem that NOW have is that there are 7 Premier League games on today at the same time and only six Sky Sports channels slots available that can accommodate Football.

The other five remaining Sky Sports channels are Golf, Cricket, F1, Racing (Horses) & News which cover other Sports where you will upset customers who don't watch or like football.

It's just unlucky that the West Ham v Southampton game is on Bonus Streams or Sky One with an Entertainment 7 day free trial or Entertainment Membership.

When Sky decided the Sky Sports Channels schedule for the Sunday games they didn't consider NOW, where personally i would have put a game where there is nothing to play for on the Bonus Streams (not going to mention any particular matches which would obviously upset fans of those teams that have nothing to play for).

I don't follow any particular Football Team myself, but will be focused on the Liverpool, Leicester & Chelsea game for the two remaining top four places.