cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

West Ham V Southampton

Will the West Ham be available as a bonus stream this Sunday for a Sky Sports subscriber on NOW?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be on the safe side i would ask NOW the question directly using the email address on the screen shot below.

Should NOW not be offering the match on Bonus Streams and you won't have access to the game on Sky One where NOW won't permit it on a Sports Membership for the duration of the game, then have you ever had a 7 day free Entertainment NOW trial before ?

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The West Ham v Southampton game is on one of the Sky Sports live channels (no need for the bonus streams).

Also if you haven't got a NOW Sports membership and have an Entertainment membership instead the game is also live on Sky One this Sunday.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The game is definitely on Sky One.

Just had a look at the TV schedule from the Radio Times and i believe Sky have 7 games and only allocated 6 Sky Sports channels (not including Sky One).

So maybe the West Ham v Southampton game will be on Bonus Sports Streams for customers who have a NOW Sports Membership only.

I can't remember what they did last year if the extra match was on the Sky Freeview channel (Pick) or Sky One was available to someone who had a Sports Membership for the duration of the game..

Screenshot_2021-05-20-19-04-42.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Having a problem at the moment posting a picture of a decent size to read on the forum.

The screen shot is too small to read.

Have a read of this link which shows the list of channels the games are on Sunday

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sport/football/premier-league-fixtures-2020-2021-season-dates/ 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be on the safe side i would ask NOW the question directly using the email address on the screen shot below.

Should NOW not be offering the match on Bonus Streams and you won't have access to the game on Sky One where NOW won't permit it on a Sports Membership for the duration of the game, then have you ever had a 7 day free Entertainment NOW trial before ?

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it's not. It's on red button on Sky Sports PL.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah my gut feeling it will be on the NOW Bonus Stream.

Not so good if you are a NOW Boost member because you are only getting 720p with a Bonus Stream with 25fps, though Sky One will also be 25fps playback for the football match, but you will at least get 1080p on Sky One with Boost.

if somebody was thinking of getting a Day Sports Membership for the game then they won't have access to Bonus Streams (only available for month sports membership).

Where they may have to consider an Entertainment Membership or start a 7 day free Entertainment trial to watch on Sky One.

Also this isn't great if somebody was thinking of a Day Sports pass for example to watch the F1 Monaco Grand Prix live first, then wanted to watch the West Ham v Southampton match straight after on the same Day Sports Membership if the only option under a Sports Membership was to watch the game on the NOW Sports Bonus stream.

starman73
Elite

No game on Pick this year.

69D864A3-0D24-4B1A-B980-D222EB34994C.jpeg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The West Ham v Southampton match has just popped up as a Bonus Stream thumbnail option for Sunday starting at 3pm on my NOW playback devices.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Screenshot_2021-05-21-16-10-55.png