cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Month subscription won’t work

Just started a new month subscription on my Apple TV to watch Everton West Ham. Paid and showing in Apple ID subscriptions. 

When I go to play the match (or anything apart from the news) I’m told I need to purchase a membership. I go to that screen and it says I already have a subscription, but still doesn’t work. Same on iPhone, iPad and MacBook. 

it’s almost half time now. Grrr!

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To ask the daft question. What month membership did you take out?

Are you definitely logged in to the devices with the same account?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Once you have worked through @gavs82008‘s suggestions, if that does not fix it:-

There’s a known glitch where this happens, and the bizarre workaround is to start the subscription working on a phone, after which it is OK on a TV.

It’s past high time that Now knocked this one on the head 😢

However, I see that you mention iPhone; when this didn’t work, did it do exactly the same as you describe, or did you get a ‘too many devices’ message?

You next step, if none of this fixes it, is to talk to Now support on Live Chat, which you can access via this link:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that would assist you in navigating the Help very nicely; but you have already gone beyond that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.