cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staylor
Mentor

US Open Unavailabilityof matches on catch up

Does anyone at NOW actually look at this board, can anyone tell me?  I’d appreciate a solid answer why we are not getting the US Open Tennis on catch up.  In the UK it is virtually impossible to watch matches during the night and we rely on catchup.  I went in today fairly confident of seeing Carlos Alcaraz, the No. 1 men’s seed, on catch up as he played last night.  the only match from last night that I can see is Venus Williams, of all people.  What are they thinking of?  They still have 2 matches to view from day 1.  surely it is not beyond the wit of NOW/Sky to update with last night’s matches?  If they want an example of good presentation, they should look at Prime.  I believe Sky are taking all tennis from next year.  If this is true, I despair if this is the sort of service they are expecting to offer.

66 REPLIES 66
Monster
Mentor

Unfortunately,  the ATP and WTA have given Sky the broadcasting rights in the UK for five years.  So it will be some time before they can correct their mistake.

moseleygirl
Advocate

Like many i only brought to watch the US open. I am very , disappointed, not only with lack of catch up, but with the coverage in general. 

IanSherwood40
Advocate

I was trying to finish watching Medvedev v Di Minaur at 2am UK time, 9pm New York time and can not finish watching the match as won't load, is that how it is on Now TV after paying £26 for monthly US Open 2023 coverage, nothing past 9pm New York time? Semi finals, finals will all be on late into the evening New York time, so we can't watch in UK??? WHAT KIND OF A JOKE IS THIS NOW TV?? QUITE FRANKLY IT'S MENTAL!!! YOU WON'T KEEP SUBSCRIBERS TREATING THEM LIKE THAT WILL YOU!!! APPALLING!!! (PS SORRY STAYLOR, JUST MOANING AT NOW TV ON THE END OF YOUR COMMENTS!!!)

EugeneSmythe
Scholar

I had the same issue early this morning. I know I’m just complaining into this echo chamber but after a stock reply from Now regarding my first complaint the second was ignored. This is more like a support group for disgruntled tennis fans and I am grateful for it 😀

RoyB
Legend

@EugeneSmythe 

We rather bemused regular responders here, whose diet normally consists of day-to-day problems with Now, have noticed the influx of complainants about the US Open coverage, or lack of it, and are happy to be a sounding board for you.

But yes, it’s an echo chamber here, as this Community is customer to customer, and Now normally lets us go on our merry way for ourselves, without any Now staff troubling to make an appearance.

But when the inevitable post-mortem, about what all went horribly wrong for you tennis fans, is held by Sky and Now, your postings here, from the regretful to the vitriolic, will figure large, I am sure.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
AS2
Advocate

Agree! Abysmal I cannot watch all the matches on my iPad or phone. I have to have a TV app for it! Why? WHY? Why are you not showing who is playing under the court names? Also, it's not user-friendly, as I have to scroll down to see all the matches; it took me a while to understand that! Can't watch night matches as well!!! I am missing a historic Tiafoe vs. Shelton live match soon. What is wrong with you, Sky? You charge so much for your sports subscription, but the service you deliver is 2000 and late. Amazon Prime was so much better! Please do not ruin it for the tennis fans and give Amazon Prime the rights back! 

RoyB
Legend

@AS2 

Please read the post above yours. Nobody from Now is listening to you here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.