cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staylor
Mentor

US Open Unavailabilityof matches on catch up

Does anyone at NOW actually look at this board, can anyone tell me?  I’d appreciate a solid answer why we are not getting the US Open Tennis on catch up.  In the UK it is virtually impossible to watch matches during the night and we rely on catchup.  I went in today fairly confident of seeing Carlos Alcaraz, the No. 1 men’s seed, on catch up as he played last night.  the only match from last night that I can see is Venus Williams, of all people.  What are they thinking of?  They still have 2 matches to view from day 1.  surely it is not beyond the wit of NOW/Sky to update with last night’s matches?  If they want an example of good presentation, they should look at Prime.  I believe Sky are taking all tennis from next year.  If this is true, I despair if this is the sort of service they are expecting to offer.

66 REPLIES 66
JKL
Advocate

I have complained to NOW TV as follows:

'Stream the US Open on Sky Sports. Don't miss a game, set or match from the Big Apple. Watch the final tennis major of the year live.' That is what the advert for Now TV offers - but that is not what I, and many others, get. This is surely a fraudulent promotional text that leads customers to believe they are getting full coverage of the US Open tennis, when they are manifestly not. I am using a MacBook air and have had no problems streaming TV before. And anyway, Now TV promised live streaming to any device:
'Watch US Open Online – Live Stream to any Device
Now TV
https://www.nowtv.com › tennis-live-stream
Don't miss a game, set or match from the Big Apple. Watch the final tennis major of the year live in Full HD with 1 month free Boost.

djvh
Scholar
screenshot it and report it to the ASA
JKL
Advocate

have done 

Lushlox
Mentor

I think the catch up issue (or lack thereof) is due to Sky having Boost users. All of the many adverts have to be removed for Boost users which will likely take a lot of time. That's not our problem of course, 

PaulS67
Advocate

I was under the impression that all the direct court links where ad free, I cant confirm as i mostly use my tablet and these are not available

For me, I would be happy if they did the same as Discovery+ do

Matches from live channels just added to catchup as they are with ads included

Matches from extra streams added as they are ad free (assuming above is correct for ads)

Ideally split, so we can have all matches available

I cant see them being added, unfortunately, Sky dont seem to want to do replays anymore, when i look at sport on demand, its mainly just short highlights (general not just tennis)

RoyB
Legend

@Lushlox wrote:

I think the catch up issue (or lack thereof) is due to Sky having Boost users. All of the many adverts have to be removed for Boost users which will likely take a lot of time. That's not our problem of course, 

@Lushlox 

Not sure if you are being serious here or not, but for those who don’t know, the ads are injected into the broadcast streams at various break points, and the programme stream stops while this happens. This lets the ad servers display different ads to different people, which is what targeted ads are all about.

The only time the ads are ever melded into the programme stream is maybe in your PVR when you are recording the broadcast stream.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Lushlox
Mentor

Sorry I'm not technical or have any idea about how these things work, I just thought that this could be one of the issues for the delays in presenting catch up matches. 

If it is as simple as it sounds, I'm not sure why NOW Tv/Sky are taking 24 hours to add in catch up matches. They've added a few, but they are missing some 150+ matches which they promised subscribers that we would have.

RoyB
Legend

@Lushlox 

Yes, the ads aren’t the problem, but 24 hours seems an awfully long time, though we have seen similar on F1.

There seem to be three levels of difficulty, and therefore of delay, in making things available on demand; pre-prepared programmes, live studio programmes, and outside broadcast programmes.

But how fast Prime could do it seems to be the benchmark, and I don’t think they ever took that long 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Gazzzy
Observer

I totally agree with you had i known it would be this bad i wouldnt of bothered signing up.  When it was on Eurosport then Discovery it was much much better with plenty of catch ups to watch compared to the crap Now is giving us.

Gazzzy
Observer

You can even rewind in a live stream something other services have offered for years.