cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staylor
Mentor

US Open Unavailabilityof matches on catch up

Does anyone at NOW actually look at this board, can anyone tell me?  I’d appreciate a solid answer why we are not getting the US Open Tennis on catch up.  In the UK it is virtually impossible to watch matches during the night and we rely on catchup.  I went in today fairly confident of seeing Carlos Alcaraz, the No. 1 men’s seed, on catch up as he played last night.  the only match from last night that I can see is Venus Williams, of all people.  What are they thinking of?  They still have 2 matches to view from day 1.  surely it is not beyond the wit of NOW/Sky to update with last night’s matches?  If they want an example of good presentation, they should look at Prime.  I believe Sky are taking all tennis from next year.  If this is true, I despair if this is the sort of service they are expecting to offer.

66 REPLIES 66
PrimeWasBetter
Occasional Poster

100% agree. The NOW TV coverage of the US Open Tennis is, quite honestly, awful. No option to watch all replays. Highlights, not full matches. No option to pause live streams. Commercial breaks ad nauseam. Amazon Prime was SO much better than this. Frankly, this is a rip-off and I’ll not be paying for this again. Clearly the deal done with between Sky & the USTA was based on money, NOT end-user experience. All I can say is, thankfully I know how to use a VPN and bypass the geo-locked content being broadcast in other territories as this ‘service’ is really poor. Just annoyed I have already paid you for a month. Never again.

Christine1

I agree very disappointing. I can’t see a way to select the match I want to watch! Maybe I can’t! 

Reg8
Observer

I have just also wasted a months subscription to watch my favourite tennis players at the US Open.... My players are in action now but I only have the option to watch 2 other matches that I am not interested in...Prime was far superior to Sky/Nowtv... You could choose any live matches and watch on demand whenever... I cancelled my Sky package years ago as it was a rip-off and the first time back with Now tv it appears nothing has improved... misleading cheap methods of coning users... Scammers! 

Chrisj
Observer

Complain - I got my month fee back when I saw this. 

peterfranz
Mentor

I can't be the only tennis fan who does not own a TV and watches via a MacBook. Can anyone rowing the same boat help me with the following. I have signed up NOW and can view the extraordinarily limited US Open coverage on my Google Chrome browser. I can also get to that page that offers portals to all 17 courts but only by following a direct link that someone provided, I have no idea how you get there from the site. None of these portals actually work but lead to: usually a black screen and on one occasion "we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later." So here's a couple of questions. Is it necessary to download the NOWTV app to my MacBook? I've looked into this and it seems like an impossible task. How is it done? Will it make any difference to this nightmare if I actually do so since some people seem to be able to get to those feeds? I am absolutely certain that I have seen a punt from NOW claiming that everything would be available on all devices. Is that, or is that not the case? I'll be so grateful for any pointers so my thanks in advance.

Lastly and on a different note. It seems to me that the tennis authorities, or whoever signed the contract handing lock stock and barrel over too SKY, must be wondering what the hell is going on. The coverage(???) is an appalling mess and I would have thought SKY are breaking the terms of the contract by failing so badly. And still SKY/NOW whoever say absolutely nothing about this! This isn't the US Open it's the US Closed!!!

RoyB
Legend

@peterfranz 

There are no longer Now apps for Windows PCS and laptops, nor for Macs, and you watch in your choice of browser; Safari and Chrome seem to work pretty much the same for Now on my iMac.

Dropping the apps hasn’t changed the functionality overmuch, there never were bonus streams on these devices.

But to get bonus streams, you need to be watching the app on a TV, or on a device that plugs into a TV via HDMI. Computer, tablets and mobiles are second-class citizens, and ‘twas ever thus.

But suddenly here, it matters, and the reports of bonus streams popping up on these devices and then popping off again might indicate that Now are scrambling to deliver the bonus streams on these devices. So it does seem that perhaps Now have realised the problem here.

But even then, bonus streams are live only, and something that Now seem to really struggle with is making the live material available on demand in a sensible timescale; it’s not much use having the second round on demand only after the third round has started, or even finished.

I’m sure the US Open people are monitoring this clusterfail, and reviewing what will happen next year.

But meanwhile, Sky and Now will be racing to deliver a proper service before the semifinals, the point at which the two streams limitation will suddenly cease to matter 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
pat100
Scholar

Try to spare a few seconds to make an official complaint, folks. Probably don’t swear as they will use that as an excuse to ignore you. Maybe also contact the US Open website to see if they want to pressure NowTV. 
https://help.nowtv.com/complaints

LouM
Advocate

I have complained, but I don’t think it will make any difference. It’s really disappointing that we will be losing coverage on Amazon it was far superior and much better value

Jo-tennisfan
Observer

I have complained too, pointless in having this subscription if I can’t watch replays.  Very expensive Stacy very few matches and not often the ones I wanted to due to timing differences between UK and US.  I have been a prime member for May years, much better platform all round.  Need matched labelled too with players as well as court numbers. 

Lilymarlene
Mentor

It takes a few seconds to complain. May as well all do it. It might work for next year haha.