cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staylor
Mentor

US Open Unavailabilityof matches on catch up

Does anyone at NOW actually look at this board, can anyone tell me?  I’d appreciate a solid answer why we are not getting the US Open Tennis on catch up.  In the UK it is virtually impossible to watch matches during the night and we rely on catchup.  I went in today fairly confident of seeing Carlos Alcaraz, the No. 1 men’s seed, on catch up as he played last night.  the only match from last night that I can see is Venus Williams, of all people.  What are they thinking of?  They still have 2 matches to view from day 1.  surely it is not beyond the wit of NOW/Sky to update with last night’s matches?  If they want an example of good presentation, they should look at Prime.  I believe Sky are taking all tennis from next year.  If this is true, I despair if this is the sort of service they are expecting to offer.

66 REPLIES 66
Linetennis
Mentor

Thanks for the complaints link :-). I did find it eventually this morning via bot/help/link link link....Live chat seemed busy with 3 dots floating forever! They don't make it easy!! Submitted a short request to transfer me to a subscription where I can choose all courts! In UK on a chromebook. Perhaps the £34.99 option will do it? Well, I won't - cos that's just ridiculous pricing, even £26 was gut splitting when I saw that price!!

RoyB
Legend

@Linetennis 

Now isn’t supported on Chromebooks. People have variously reported that it works, or that it doesn’t work, but if it works, it fits where it touches, and that’s about it, and Now won’t engage with you about them.

If it does work for you, it will be on the same browser basis as Windows and Mac devices, where you don’t get bonus streams.

And also, Now have only one tier of Sport, nominally £34.99, and £26 is an offer price for that one tier.

You can get enhancements - HD, 50fps, no adverts in on demand programmes, three simultaneous users, 5,1 audio, if you additionally take out Boost, £6, but like bonus streams, it is still hedged about with all sorts of restrictions about exactly which bits of Boost will work on what platform.

The subscription you have will get you the bonus streams on a supported TV, or on a supported device plugged into the HDMI port of any TV.

I could say that a Roku Express, £25 for HD, £35 for 4K, is such a supported device, if you don’t have a supported device or a supported TV at the moment, but I got an earful for suggesting this to somebody earlier, so I shan’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
MichaelS
Advocate

It seems like the sky sports app offers all live matches to choose from - not sure about catch-up - but I subscribed through NOWTV and my now log-in doesn’t give me access to the sky sports app. Agree this is a terrible offering compared to tennis on all other channels - prime, BBC, discovery/Eurosport 

MichaelS
Advocate

I should add that the now tv app on iPad and iPhone, and the now tv on laptop browser, all only have the two channels 

NOWTV chat bots are saying unapologetically that there are no replays and apart from Venus, Coco and Djokovic matches, all we're getting is 25 mins of highlights per day. I can't believe how bad this is and how blatantly they are ripping people off. I've complained to NOWTV and to the US Open through their contact form. 

Has anyone got any thoughts on how to shame Sky into showing replays off all the matches they're broadcasting? NOW keep banging on about broadcasting rights, but what exactly are we paying for???

pat100
Scholar

There’s a petition at:

https://chng.it/Zn6XNVktxJ

Linetennis
Mentor

Thanks for mentioning this petition! Signed and commented :-). Hope it gets to WTA/ATP etc. And SKY!!!!

tennisl
Observer

I 100% agreee. what a whole lot of bull by this platform. never paid so much for a subscription, ads all the time, no labeled matches, no proper schedule to choose from, no replay and super annoying ads in between. 
Shame on you Nowtv, you dont understand the First thing about tennis and its fans!

Lilymarlene
Mentor

I just went on the chat customer service, they said replays should be available within 24 hours. I said from now? As can only see one. She said she’d check it then session timed out. Great. 

peterfranz
Mentor

Thanks. Very grateful for your reply. At least I won't waste any more time looking for non-existent apps! 

Meanwhile the frustration continues while S&N continue to provide contradictory information or no information at all. Nothing has changed today as far as I can see and one hopes and prays that things will improve as the Open progresses. It feels like a forlorn hope though...