cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user70832

OUTRAGEOUS SHOWING ADVERTS!!!

I am PAYING to use NowTV and you STILL show adverts? What kind of company does this? If they're doing this to get more income because of not enough customers, this is totally the wrong way to go! I'll be cancelling and leaving bad reviews. Totally unacceptable. 

18 REPLIES 18
chilli2
Elite 2

Now TV Entertainment base package £9.99/month, with movies add on another £9.99  base package cost for both £19.98 with adds

add boost for add free add on £6/month  total monthly cost £25.98/month

Netflix base package - has movies and entertainment  £4.99 with adds, £7.99 without, standard sub £10.99/month ,  Netflix is £14.99 /month cheaper than Now for a saving of £179.88 over 12 months

Disney plus £4.99/month with adds for films and TV , Now £19.98 a month Now costs £14.99 more

These are full prices - Nows TV service does sometimes have offers, even then they can not always be as good as they seem  , if you do sign up keep an eye on if its one month or a longer fixed term, and keep a close eye on when any deal ends

Prices are based on the full no deal price, so i would agree that Now TV without any offers is poor value

redchiz1
Champion 2

@chilli2 

Yada, yada. I have never paid full price for NOW TV and never will. Currently paying a total of £7.98 a month for Entertainment, Cinema and Boost. 

chilli2
Elite 2

I'm also on an offer  from Now for now -

But as with everything the terms and what you get is easy to find with now and if you dont like the price/content then go elsewhere.

The phrase "look before you leap" springs to mind

redchiz1
Champion 2

@chilli2 

Absolutely, for once we agree. Except if you want to watch certain exclusive content, obviously. 

RoyB
Legend

I review my streaming services every month, just before the renewal date. If I haven’t watched anything in the last month, and there is nothing compelling coming up, I bail.

Amazon is pretty bail-proof because it’s tied in with the delivery service; but other than them, Now is the one service I’ve never bailed from, There’s always something we want; and unlike Prime, you never find that what you want is outside your subscription.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

The trouble with Amazon is that even there you need to pay an added premium if you want to watch Prime Video ad free.  😕

Mickwall

@user70832 I have just started Now tv and the Adds are not what I expected . I will give it one month then it is being cancelled . Premium tv should never show adds . Very sad state of affairs

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mickwall 

You know that practically ALL streaming services include adverts? And you have to pay to remove them?

Netflix, Disney+, Amazon 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Mickwall 

Before you go, watch the episode of The Wire where Marlo confronts the store security guard.

He says “Trouble is, you want things to be a certain way. And things ain’t that way”.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.