cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark1965
Advocate

Auckland open

Can anyone tell me if the ASB Auckland tennis tournament is being shown live on sky sports next week as i cant find any info on it

10 REPLIES 10
redchiz1
Champion 2

Eurosport via Discovery+, Google is your friend, other search engines are available.  😉

Mark1965
Advocate

there is no listing on eurosport or any uk channel for this event and as sky has all the rights for the atp and wta its not likely to be on anywhere else. Thats why i asked here 

QuietJohn
Mentor

Schnapps answer above seems to be correct, no coverage until the final next Sunday. Currently they are showing the Shnaider - Andreeva match on two channels (it's 1.30 in the morning currently in the UK), there are 3 ongoing WTA matches but no way to watch anything but the same match on two channels. This is the same pathetic standard that was offered at the US Open and bodes very badly for the future of tennis availability in the UK.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mark1965 

No staff for TV scheduling will be on here, as @redchiz1 says google is your friend and it’s what we would do to get the answers 😛

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mark1965 

Only the final is being televised on Sky Sports according to this Sky Tennis schedule on the link below.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/tennis-on-sky 

Don't know if any other matches will turn up on the Sky red button service (NOW Bonus Streams) or not.

If you have a Bonus Streams supported playback device maybe check during the week (though I would have thought Sky would have indicated it on the link above like for example when football is on their red button service on their Football schedule what's on Sky).

So it looks like it might only be the final that is available to Sky / NOW Sports subscribers.

m4ttgtr
Scholar 2

So now the WTA season has started, clearly Sky has taken Tennis coverage back 10 years. So sad. The first round at Brisbane gone. There will be no significant catch up service. As they state in their ads, 'It's only live once' so if you don't watch it live you're not watching it. Sure I'm gonna sit up all night for the next week or two to watch it, if they show it. At least D+ have the Aussie Open, they'll have all match replays(every match) 

redchiz1
Champion 2

The days when Sky and by extension NOW had it much their own way in UK sports broadcast rights have long since gone. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mark1965 

Just seen this advertised on Sky Sports Main Event whilst watching the football with regards to the ASB Auckland.

See screen shot below for more details

Screenshot_2024-01-01-21-09-46-638_com.bskyb.skygo.jpg

QuietJohn
Mentor

They have only advertised the broadcasting of the final on Sunday, but this morning they showed Wozniacki - Svitolina and Raducanu - Ruse without  bothering to tell anyone. The only way to know what's really going to be on is to watch Sky/Now 24 hours a day... it's a truely appalling start to the tennis season and probably a 5 year disaster.