cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Constantly booted off stream due to apparent internet connection problem

Keep getting stopped in the middle of videos in Entertainment section due to an apparent internet connectivity problem while using the app on my Xbox One S. This does not happen with other apps, I can always immediately reload the app and I can stream even 4K on other apps with no problems. Also no other device has this issue. I have tried uninstalling and reintalling the app but that hasn't worked.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was on live chat for 45 min with this same issue, by the end of it I ended up being kicked out the chat as I was being told to screw around with gateways and DNS at which point my TV screen said I was no longer connected to the Internet and surprise surprise no longer in the chat?! So I reset everything got my internet working but NOWTv still only working for 5minutez then disconnects?! 😡
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Keep getting stopped in the middle of videos in Entertainment section due to an apparent internet connectivity problem while using the app on my Xbox One S. This does not happen with other apps, I can always immediately reload the app and I can stream even 4K on other apps with no problems. Also no other device has this issue. I have tried uninstalling and reintalling the app but that hasn't worked.

@Anonymous User Hi there, welcome to the forum, we understand the frustration, it may be a wireless issue with the xbox in your home is the xbox running on wireless or wired connection to your internet, also who is your internet provider? as it may be to do with the pings on the xbox which may need fixed with simple troubleshooting steps

@Anonymous User, Nadine @ Nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just cancelled my passes due to this problem.

Virgin Media here with 100Mb service, all other streaming apps work without a hitch through my Xbox One.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After some further tests it does seem to be a problem with the app and not with my internet as this doesn't occur with other apps on my Xbox and all other streaming is fine except for some minor blips when running at peak times, but I'm not forced to exit in those apps it will just require a few seconds of buffering or I will get a minor dip in quality for a few seconds. It is also happening on this app all the time and I'm also getting an internet connection message when just sat on the menu.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is running on a wireless connection. However it has also started to happen on other apps so it may be my internet but only occuring at peak times.