cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar

Re: 1080P update

Out of all of those I've only seen Venom. Saw it in the cinema, a VueXteme 2D showing. I really enjoyed it. 🙂

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@crashcris 

Thinking again about your price observations, it occurs to me that you were actually comparing the pre-HD pricing of NowTV versus those other services.

So you could argue that NowTV were already “taking the proverbial”; by which token, only charging as much extra as Netflix for the quality boost seems quite restrained 😛

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB @robert1997 

Hey guys, do either of you have the Enterainment pass?

Have noticed that MTV (Catfish) and Comedy Central (South Park) don't have the HD tag on my Samsung TV.  Although the 2 channels should be part of the HD "lineup".

Are you able to have a look for me and let me know if you see the HD tag on the 2 channels? 

Having had a painful discussion on Live Chat, they finally confirmed that South Park isn't on HD. And they are apparently still uploading HD content. So they must have tackled the high priority channels first.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Sorry @gavs82008 but as I'm using an Apple TV 4K I cannot avail of the HD Boost ☹️

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 @robert1997 

Yes, I have the Entertainment pass and the Boost. I’ll check those two programmes tomorrow for you and report back,

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Confirmed that both aren’t HD, and aren’t 5.1 either, looking on my NowTV Stick.

The test I use is to Pause the programme, and then if HD and 5.1 are available, little icons for these will come up on the screen, in the bottom left quadrant.

Neither of the programmes quoted have these.

Though note that if they show up, it means that these are available, not that you are necessarily getting them; even on an HD Ready stereo TV, they will still show up.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Exactly what I was doing too. Plus I noticed that if the show was available in HD and 5.1 then the tags would appear. 

After my painful Live chat the other day the agent confirmed that shows are still being uploaded in HD, and a massive raft of MTV shows appear to be in that category. They also confirmed that South Park is not available in HD (perhaps much like MTV awaiting shows to be uploaded?). Not that it would matter with that type of show, although still would be preferred.

Thanks for taking some time to test this for me.