cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight faulty with no error messages in Now Tv

Hi, I have recently encountered a fault with Silverlight when I was attempting to view live EPL streaming via Now Tv.  To start, I purchased my daily Sky Sports pass, signed in and instead of forwarding me to the live streaming I get a Virus Warning, but it was blocked by Avast.  At the same time a message came up stating that ' Silverlight is faulty, please consult the Now Tv team'.  There was no error codes or messages.  I reinstalled Silverlight, fixing the faults and tried again to log in.  Once again the same thing happened.  I then contacted the Now Tv team and after some discussions was advised to " exclude Now Tv from Avast protection " using Avast settings.  The adviser was very helpful and he was really trying to help me.  This anomaly happened just recently.  I have been been viewing live football streaming at Now Tv for over a year now and all was fine, i.e. until recently.  I have not actually done what I was advised to do because in my view something doesn't seem quite right.  Any help here to resolve this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's been happening for about a month, although I thought it had stopped as I've not seen any recent reports. You'll need to whitelist NOW TV to get it to work as Avast is wrongly blocking one of the required files. Here's my walkthrough http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Windows-PCs-Laptops/Avast-Antivirus-Issues-and-how-to-fix-it/m-p/356265#M3723

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your guidance.  Everything is fine now, hopefully.  Able to logon to live streaming and watched Manchester Derby.  Great stuff!