cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movie Pass Code Not Working

My movie voucher will be expiring in a couple of days so tried to apply another voucher code, voucher was from a pack (which included a black set top box) from Argos.

When I've tried to apply the voucher it comes up with a message "Hmmm, we don't recognise that voucher".  I contacted live chat who advised me to try using a different web browser, still no joy.  They then said it was a known problem that people could not apply their vouchers and they would contact me when the problem is resolved. 

NOW TV - can you please look into this as I need to apply the voucher in the next couple of days before a payment is taken.  If it isn't resolved I will my cancelling my account, which is a shame as I've been a customer for a while not experienced problems before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up @commanda6 

Hi there @Anonymous User

I've just send you an email about this so we can go into detail there about your account and this voucher code you have. We'll get this sorted out now 🙂

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I contacted live chat who advised me to try using a different web browser, still no joy.  

Hi @Anonymous User,

What I usually do is access the 'My Account' area using my NOW TV playback device. And enter your voucher pass code using the remote control 😉

Cheers

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I contacted live chat who advised me to try using a different web browser, still no joy.  

Hi @Anonymous User,

What I usually do is access the 'My Account' area using my NOW TV playback device. And enter your voucher pass code using the remote control 😉

Cheers

Hi @Anonymous User

Similar to what @SeeMoreDigital has said

Does your PC have Windows 8 or Windows 10?

I ask because one of the best ways to apply vouchers if you're having no luck through the website is to use the Windows app to apply the voucher. The website has often been a bit temperamental when applying vouchers. You can get the Windows app through the store app on Windows, although you will need a Microsoft account

One thing to remember when applying vouchers through the website is that you must press the apply voucher button that corresponds to your pass type. So in your case, you would press the apply voucher button next to the movies pass on the my passes page. This is because the system expects in the voucher code to be in a certain format. The different pass types have different voucher code formats. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for those trying to help.

I've tried adding the code through my TV, through Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and by downloading the NOW TV app onto my PC.  Still no success!

I've never encountered this problem before.  Has something changed?  It almost imples that a voucher can't be added until one has expired but that would mean me cancelling my account to ensure I don't get charged and then have a lapse period before I can try to apply this voucher code.  In the past I've always been able to add a code before another one has expired (at least by an overlap of a week or so).

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for those trying to help.

I've tried adding the code through my TV, through Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and by downloading the NOW TV app onto my PC.  Still no success!

I've never encountered this problem before.  Has something changed?  It almost imples that a voucher can't be added until one has expired but that would mean me cancelling my account to ensure I don't get charged and then have a lapse period before I can try to apply this voucher code.  In the past I've always been able to add a code before another one has expired (at least by an overlap of a week or so).

Hi @Anonymous User

As this does seem a bit odd. I'm going to copy in NowTV staff member @Anonymous User

You should be able to apply a new voucher code when you are within the last 30 days of your current offer for a particular pass. You don't need to wait for your pass to expire. I'm wondering whether there might be an issue with the code itself. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

I've just send you an email about this so we can go into detail there about your account and this voucher code you have. We'll get this sorted out now 🙂

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ryan-R please could you also help me resolve the same problem, this is the second code I have had from the shop where I bought my box and neither have worked!

thanks 

anna 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi there @Anonymous User

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sure I'll take a look into this for you @Anonymous User!

Keep an eye out for an email from me 🙂

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan/Simon

I have just bought another Now TV box from Amazon that came with a 4 month movies pass however I'm getting the hmmm your voucher code is not recognised. I have tried doing it using the remote & though my account online but still no joy Please Help.

Cheers

Chris

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can see you have contacted live chat regarding this.

If you need any further help let us know.

Andy