cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a box with 2 months movies but had to sign up for one month free trial

Hi all,

I just bought a box with a 2 month movie promotion as part of the package (voucher code inside). I had to sign up to NOWTV since I'm new and had to choose a package option (so I chose the 30 day movie free trial).

Can I continue with my 30 day free trial and then at the end, apply the voucher code to get the 2 month of movies that came with the box (effectively getting 3 months of movies in total)?

Or, do I need to cancel the 30 day trial immediately (to prevent being charged at the end of the period) and apply the 2 month voucher code now?

Advice appreciated.

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

You are definitely on your 30 day free trial now, yep?

If so, you can apply your 2 month voucher that came with your box today. You will not be charged after your free trial expires, because your 2 month voucher will kick in as soon as your free trial ends (so you will in effect get three months total).

BUT you will be charged at the end of your 2 month voucher if you don't cancel your pass in the final month. Don't be tempted to cancel any earlier though - the system checks at the end of each monthly period and if you've cancelled the pass the service stops then, thus you would lose the second month.

So to put it all in one sentence: apply your voucher now, cancel when you are in the last month of your 2 month voucher. 🙂

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have the same 2 month movies pass, but the nnowtv.com/activate isn't lettin me activate my account!
When I've put in the voucher code it asks me for debit card details fir the end of the 30 day trial, but try's to take payment st8 away!!! So frustrating can someone help me please
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

When you say it tries to take payment straight away, do you mean when you try to start the 30 day free trial? If so this could be because you have already had a free trial in the past, perhaps on another account you set up, or maybe another member of the household has had a trial using the same payment details. If you do have another account already, it would be easiest to sign into that account and apply your voucher there rather than trying to set up another account.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I mean ive never been a nowtv customer> i just bought the box for the 2 month movies pass. I have set up a account and entered the 30 free trial and entered the voucher code but still wants to charge to my card.

but as i say i have never to my knowlege set up an account b4.

Thanks for your replies

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Are you able to send us a screen shot of this message? 

You may need to fully create the account for us to look into this further.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought amovie box with 4 months pass.First time registration /first box in my house/signed in with my voucher but didn't get 30 days free trial.As a new account I am entitle to get free 30 day trial which i didn't get.When I checked my account it says that my first payment will be taken after 4 months so no free trial for me.Why?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the moment you entered your voucher details you no longer became a new customer, to have got the free 30 days you would have needed to start the trial first. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
---Insert Reply Above This Line--When I signed I had to enter a voucher
code during my registration I thought as a new member will get my free
trail first and then my voucher will apply.l was given a link where to sign
in in my box . Apparently not and still need to know why.How can I get in
touch with now tv team?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting on the NOW TV Help Forum.

When signing up to NOW TV, it is true that you are given the option for entering a voucher code, however, it is not a requirement.

I do understand your position but the free trial is intended as an opportunity for new customers to try our service before you buy a subscription.

I'm sorry if that's not quite the answer you were looking for and for any confusion we may have unintentionally put you under.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

No need to cancel your free trial, simply apply your voucher and it will take effect when your free trial expires.

Make sure when you are on your 2 month voucher that you don't cancel your pass in the first month of the offer otherwise it will not continue onto your second month. If you don't plan to carry on with the Ents service wait until you are in the last month of your offer before cancelling.

Enjoy your NOW TV box! 🙂