cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming works fine on all devices but apple tv

Hi 

I'm struggling to stream any tv shows over 25 mins in length.

For example I seem to be able to watch modern family but not something like stalker or marcella.

I was able to watch anything on my phone without issue. I have a fire tv stick and everything loads fine on that too. My internet speed isn't great but it should still work.

I've never understood why the shows never buffer ahead, this would make things much smoother for slower speeds surely? 

That's what fire tv does and imovies etc. They load the video ahead of the play mark and even continue to load when paused. Why won't now tv do this? 

Also i would have preferred to just contact by email but again I'm struggling to find any way to do this. It's like being stuck in a loop everytime i press "contact us" I get nowhere. Please make this easier.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Hopefully the Community forum members will offer advice and guidance, also what usually happens is that somebody from the NowTV Forum Team will also pick up your post from here to provide assistance.

Also, you can click on the Help Centre button (top right of screen) and select the guide article most relevant.

Hopefully the help guides will be able to reslove the problems you are encountering, if not at the bottom of each article is a "contact us" button highlighted in green (see example link below).

If you click on this green contact us button, it will open a new page where you will see an option to either contact NowTV live chat service or alternatively you can send them an email.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Viewing-problems-Apple-TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the tip.

Does seems a bit of a roundabout way but I guess it encourages you to find your own solution first.
Thanks for the link you posted unfortunately the bit I wanted RE: buffering help for appletv seems to be a dead end. Sadly I just get an error page but if it works for you please let me know.

In the interim I tried mirroring my phone to the fire tv but the app wouldn't allow that kind of streaming which is frustrating.
I'm hoping this is a temporary issue as any other time I've been able to stream programs just fine.

I just don't want to pay sky £10 more a month for fibre just for now tv to work. 😣

Thanks again
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With regards to the access error you seem to be getting when clicking on the "contact us" green button at the bottom of help guide page, make sure that JavaScript is enabled on your web browser device.

See link below how to enable JavaScript on a web browser.

http://www.enable-javascript.com/

Also, forgot to mention in my previous post, how far is the Apple TV away from your Router in your house, is it practical possible to run an Ethernet cable (which in theory should give you are more stable internet connection than over wifi).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, your are correct about opening the example guide article on my previous post, then clicking on the imbedded link for additional information about ATV buffering,  it then takes you to a page where it says HTTP ERROR 404 Not Found, which would suggest to me that the link page is not there or set up properly ?

BTW - Disregard the information about JavaScript which only relates if you have an issue accessing the live chat service.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear buffering has been hitting you hard.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User what Apple TV device are you using to access the NOW TV service? I use an Apple TV 4 device via WiFi and a Virgin Media 200mb connection without issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
To be fair it is apple tv 2.
But everything else is fine like netflix and imovies etc.
I've been advised to try a couple of things and honestly it seems to work
on and off. Some nights it's fine others it's not happy and that can be
frustrating.