cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App crashes Apple TV 4 causes reboot

Hey,

Anybody else had the ATV completely crash when using Now TV? It's happened three times now, it'll green screen briefly and then restart.

We all know the app is a disgrace but it just gets worse all the time.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, this has happened to me numerous times over the past 2 weeks.  I've checked on Apple TV forums and it seems to be related to the app.  It hasn't happened when using any other apps (Netflix), only on the most dramatic moments while watching Band of Brothers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ridcilous, so many issues with this app and just nothing from the guys at Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

Have you checked that the software on your Apple TV up to date

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Yes, running the latest. I also checked to see if there had been a mystical Now TV update but quelle surprise, there was not. 

Please can you feedback to the developers that they're a joke at this point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's the first thing I did. I've also turned off iCloud photo sharing and don't use personalised wallpaper (as per advice on an Apple support forum for those with Netflix crashes).

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi

I'll raise these issues to our app developers right away to get a fix on this issue

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes have been having this problem but oddly only when watching OD, seems to be fine when watching the live sections, I was all ready to the unit replaced but I think its the NowTV app at fault not the ATV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

yes have been having this problem but oddly only when watching OD, seems to be fine when watching the live sections, I was all ready to the unit replaced but I think its the NowTV app at fault not the ATV

Agreed, I can watch Sky 1 for hours but OD causes a crash.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also thought it was only happening with on demand content, but it just happened for me steaming Sky Sports 1 live so looks like it might be impacting live tv as well.