cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app not working

I have a brand new android tablet straight out of the box and now tv won't work. Says its rooted or modified. I've done a root checker and it's not rooted. So why won't it work?
5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The community manager has compiled some info on this issue that will help explain what's going on.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Android-Frequently-Asked-Questions/m-p/267625#U267625

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy

I have read this and it doesn't really help me. The manufacturer says my device isn't rooted, I don't use rooting apps. I had to Google what rooted apps meant!! It seems this common issue with android users. I think the app has been designed to automatically assume android devices are rooted. There are lots of android users who can't use your app for this reason. My device isn't rooted so how can I make the app think otherwise? I would hate to have to cancel my subscription for this silly reason

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When the NOW TV app checks your phone it could be flagging up the issue for a number of reasons, including customisation done by the phone manufacturer or certain apps you might have installed, or maybe even just the NOW TV app making an incorrect diagnosis.

I'm not an Android user so I can't offer any more help, but hold on for the moment as a member of the NOW TV Team will respond in due course. Other users might also be able to help - @Anonymous User is around a lot and is the resident guru so hopefully he can suggest something.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, appreciate it 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you haven't mentioned the make and model of your tablet. My guess is something very few people would have heard of. Often these tablets include developer tools which should have been removed before their final release.