cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evocoz

Price not as stated

Received an email saying if I do nothing my bill will be &23.50 yet month after it's £43. Called customer service and what a surprise they won't refund me, currently in process of reporting to ofcom and financial ombudsman 

34 REPLIES 34
RoyB
Legend

@Evocoz 

Maybe join with @PDM and start a Class Action suit? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Evocoz 

Have you still got the email? Have another read. Carefully. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 

Do you have some idea of just what the 2 posters with the same query are missing in the email?

@Evocoz 

If you still have the email could you post it here, with any personal details obscured.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

I did post in a previous thread what the key contents of the email were, certainly the one I received. I will repeat that here for those who don't bother looking for similar issues already posted.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 14.17.12.pngScreenshot 2024-02-18 at 14.17.35.pngScreenshot 2024-02-18 at 14.18.00.png

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 

Thanks. it will be interesting to see if the emails @Evocoz and @PDM received are in fact the same as yours.

I have to say, neither of those options are particularly attractive.

Edit: I would expect renewing customers to be offered a better deal than new starters, not worse.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

Again, as mentioned and discussed elsewhere, it depends on what the options from other providers are like and how best they suit your individual circumstances. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Evocoz 

And what to complain about? You are out of contract now and can move freely to another provider at any time. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

The email you received seems very clear and very fair.

However, the first sentence is rather shorter than the one quoted in this earlier posting:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Misleading-renewal-price-Charged-20-more-than-usual/m...

""Do nothing and continue with your existing membership for £23.50 a month"

and it looks like @Evocoz received something more like that than what you quote.

However, the key word is quote; nobody other than you, as far as I can tell, has actually pasted the email they received for us to look at, just their own précis of part of it, a précis that may contain some element of possible misinterpretation.

But while it seems unlikely that such a misinterpretation could arise from an email like yours, @redchiz1, I do agree we should maintain a healthy scepticism here until a complainant actually posts such an offending email, rather than just reporting what it has been taken to say, instead of showing what it actually did say.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

That quote was selective, read the poster's entire message and you will see that they only viewed the truncated version initially. In any event, clarity seems to have improved since then. More recent posters have not come back with the precise content.