cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlcaulkett
Mentor

Moving my broadband service

I have a slightly unusual situation whereby I have spent the last 8 months in a combination of hospital, rehab unit and “temporary” care home, following a complex leg break back at the end of April 2022.

It eventually became clear that I would not be able to move into my old flat, and so the local council have started the process of trying to find a ground floor flat for me. Meanwhile I have been paying for a no-contract fibre service at £35 per month. Ideally i would like to temporarily suspend my account until I get a moving in date for a new flat, and take advantage of Now’s “Move to a new home” deal, and downgrade my account to something more affordable at the same time.

I’ve tried calling the 03300 412 518 number but the system seems to be geared up for people who have a known moving date, not unreasonably! I’ve been trying to find the “Live Chat” facility on Now’s website but haven’t found it yet.

If any Now employee is reading this, or anyone else who knows how I can proceed, I would be very grateful for any advice. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

10 REPLIES 10
carlcaulkett
Mentor

I’ve just spoken to someone and that’s exactly what happened. The cancellation date was the 20th and the billing date was the 19th… Doh!

I’ve been assured that a refund will be forthcoming…