cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlcaulkett
Mentor

Moving my broadband service

I have a slightly unusual situation whereby I have spent the last 8 months in a combination of hospital, rehab unit and “temporary” care home, following a complex leg break back at the end of April 2022.

It eventually became clear that I would not be able to move into my old flat, and so the local council have started the process of trying to find a ground floor flat for me. Meanwhile I have been paying for a no-contract fibre service at £35 per month. Ideally i would like to temporarily suspend my account until I get a moving in date for a new flat, and take advantage of Now’s “Move to a new home” deal, and downgrade my account to something more affordable at the same time.

I’ve tried calling the 03300 412 518 number but the system seems to be geared up for people who have a known moving date, not unreasonably! I’ve been trying to find the “Live Chat” facility on Now’s website but haven’t found it yet.

If any Now employee is reading this, or anyone else who knows how I can proceed, I would be very grateful for any advice. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@carlcaulkett 

Ouch dude hope you’re doing good considering the very unfortunate situation you were in with your leg break! 

Sorry to say that broadband support don’t post on the forum. Haven’t seen it happen in my time of using it.

My understanding that live chat is for TV memberships. You could drop support an email to see if they can do anything, however I do know that NOW don’t suspend memberships, so it might have to be full cancellation.

See below picture for the email address.

D902FFAC-3F7F-4391-B3E5-0A7AA3EA9FFC.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Live chat isn't available for Broadband support I'm afraid. You could try emailing them. Bizarrely we are not allowed to post the actual email address here, but hopefully help AT nowtv DOT com gives you the gist.  😉

carlcaulkett
Mentor

Thanks @gavs82008 and @redchiz1. I’ll drop them an email.

carlcaulkett
Mentor

Hello again @gavs82008 and @redchiz1. I sent an email addressed to “help” and “customer services” thinking that one at least would get through. I got a reply from an automated reply service saying that the email address was no longer in use and that my email had not reached its intended target. Unfortunately, I do not know which of the two addresses triggered this response, assuming that only one did.

So, I’ve taken a chance and resent my email to “customerservices” only. I haven’t received the automated reply that I got before, so maybe this one has been successful. I’ll report back here if I get a meaningful response from Now TV 😉

redchiz1
Champion 2

Try the online feedback form here:

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints

carlcaulkett
Mentor

That form was well hidden! Or at least I couldn’t find it! Thanks. I’ve copied the contents of my email and submitted it. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

No worries, do keep us posted. And feel free to mark my post as a solution! 😉

carlcaulkett
Mentor

I received an email from Now TV telling me that my broadband would be closed from today onwards (this is what I ended up requesting). However, yesterday evening I noticed an alert from my online banking, telling me that a further month’s payment had been taken from my account. Naturally I used the form to question this move, but Now TV have not replied to me. I am less inclined to take out another contract with them, to be honest!

redchiz1
Champion 2

If your cancellation coincided with your billing date that is not particularly unusual, they charge a month in advance, This should be cleared up in a forthcoming, final bill and any monies overcharged refunded.