cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving home!

Hey, so I’m moving home and now broadband doesn’t cover the area I’m moving to, I’ve only been with them 4 months, what do I do?

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

If NOW do not provide a service at your new address then I think your only option will be to cancel. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you phoned them to see what options you have or if you can cancel their service at your new home without a penalty because they can not provide a service and look at an ISP who can ? 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@schnapps You use the word "penalty," I take it you mean early termination fees? Why would that be? I can't find that in the T&Cs, happy to be corrected. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @redchiz1 

It would be better if @Anonymous User phoned the NOW Broadband Team if they haven't already done it to find out what are their options if any apart from cancel.

When speaking to them just get clarification about any penalty clauses if any such has early termination fees (which I doubt will be the case in this scenario because NOW can't offer their Broadband service in the customers new home).

I had a quick read of the NOW Moving Home article, but nothing is covered in much detail from what I could see about Moving Home where NOW couldn't provide a service to the customers new address.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-move-now-broadband-to-my-new-home 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@schnapps 

OK. It is just that from my knowledge of other ISPs they will move your service if they can, but if they cannot then you have to cancel your contract and pay any exit fees. It's not their "fault" if you see what I mean. As you say, best to get in touch directly. 

Jayach
Elite 3

As far as I know, they will all allow you to leave penalty free, if they can't provide service at the new address. Obviously you have to give them the opportunity first.

With Now it becomes a bit more complicated., because they don't do FTTP, and if it is available at the new address, you may choose not to stay with Now.

Speak to them is the best advice.