cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving from Virgin

I cancelled my virgin broadband connection before lockdown happened and all engineer visits were stopped. Its looking like I won't be able to get a new connection now. How do I find out if I'd need an engineer to visit me if I bought nowtv broadband? I've tried going through the website and purchasing broadband but it hasn't popped up like it has on some other providers. 

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't got a BT telephone line and master BT telephone socket in your home then a BT Openreach Engineer would be needed, where under the current social distancing rules  BT Openreach will not undertake home visits.

Would have thought NowTV use the same common data information like the other ISP's that use the BT infrastructure when checking if an Engineer is required or not.

So you may be out of luck going down the ISP route where ISP's use the BT Openreach telephone line services until BT Openreach lifts it's social distancing policy when attending home visits.

If it was me i would stay with Virgin Media for a little longer until some time that BT Openreach permits their Engineers to carry out home visits again then maybe look at the different ISP's out there (unless you can look at another method of delivering internet to your home).

Sorry my post wasn't much help to your question.