cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leaving NOW BroadBand

How easy is it to moving your home phone number to a new ISP as my NOW Broadband contract end in less than 30 days and I'm looking at my options? 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm FTTC only, FTTP is not in my area

redchiz1
Champion 2

It is Vodafone you need to discuss this with. No ISP can prevent you from migrating a number out, so NOW would have to release your number if requested by another provider. But that request has to come from the new provider. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I agree with you, I can't see any reason why any ISP can prevent you from migrating a number out, It can't be in their interest to hold onto the number

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just spoken to Vodfone who tried to port my landline number over and they couldn't.

So I then phoned NOW on the 03000 and explained the situation to them and they went onto the Vodafone website and could have created a new order and moved my landline number over!

I wonder if there's a fault somewhere on the Vodafone website?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you managed to keep your landline number after all that faff? 

If so excellent and glad you kept at it! 😎

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Faff isn't the word!!!

It turns out my current landline number is originally from TalkTalk, but it's been over 10yrs since I left TT.

Vodafone have told me that I can create a new account with them and will have to start of with a new landline number and they can them port my number over, but there is only a 70% chance of being successful.

Will need to rethink this one out, so I take a chance of moving to Vodafone or look at my current Internet set up at home and ways I can improve the signal 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah, TalkTalk, the Hotel California of the internet ...  😉

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

As distinct from Now, the Last Resort 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

As soon as I saw “California and internet” it got me thinking of this.

F8F5206F-8887-4908-9B92-A17671AF1694.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

Out of interest i tried to see what deals Vodafone have on offer, each and every time it errors out with something along the lines of we cant get broadband to  your location, why not check out these mobile broadband deals.

@MillarMan 

Why are you thinking of leaving? is it due to the poor wifi?

If you can get a decent renewal deal then it may be worth staying - even if you factor in getting your own router