Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N0W
Advocate

End of Contract in Sep

I would like to cancel the service after my contract end,

what should I do?

do I need to / how could I return the Broadband Kit?

ps, I tried to call and gave up after waiting for an hour.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

Cancel, or switch to another provider? Have a look at this help article:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-broadband

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@N0W 

Depends on who and what your going with?

If it’s another provider that uses the OpenReach network, then your best to let the new provider deal with the switch. That way you don’t go any number of days without broadband. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
FTTC18
Scholar

It is not clear if a person must send the old kit back.  If you would like to send your old kit back, please see here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-return-my-old-equipment

If you are asked to send the kit back,  please keep proof of postage (Forever).  My old / previous suppliers (Talk Talk) sent me a request for proof of postage even though I had left them (at the time) over 4 years ago, or they would send me a rather large bill for a router replacement (Long story and I had proof of postage and nearly took them to a small claims court!).  Please keep proof of (return kit) postage for anything you need to return.

I am about to cancel my NOWTV broadband (FTTC) service and move to a (FTTP) full fibre solution as I found it impossible to renew my contract with NOWTV at the quote they provided and I  am not able to speak to someone to renew my contract ( Aug23 - speaking to someone was a prerequisite before you can renew) and I have a NOWTV router to return (if asked).

To cancel, I am going to email NOWTV via the email address in the link below, rather than call, as I can't speak to anyone on the phone, unless I wait for over an hour and experience being disconnected.

I am moving my landline to what is know as a VoIP service and my broadband is moving from what is called an FTTC solution to a FTTP solution, so I will no longer use a cooper solution (Landlines are also being decommissioned by December 2025 anyway!).

I am going to wait until I am asked to send the router / kit back.  I will not call to discuss it.

Cancel out of contract service comments

If you are moving to another supplier, you should in theory let the new supplier take care of everything. If you simply want to cancel and not use someone else, or send further clarification to NOWTV, further information may be found here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now

From NOWTV website (Aug23 - cut and paste from link above)

You can also send an email to [email removed] to let us know you'd like to cancel. We may need to call you back to verify your details, but don't worry, your notice period will begin the date we receive your request.

I hope that this is of some help.  All the best.................

RoyB
Legend

@FTTC18 

If you want to quote an email address, embed a space in it somewhere, and explain that readers must remove the space when using the address.

e.g. customerservices@ nowtv.com

Just one more of the little indignities that Now subject us to 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.